Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CPU / video window???????

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I’m Running
Sony VAIO
Windows XP home 2002
Celeron(R) CPU 2.40 Ghz
1Gig Ram

I completed all the suggested fixes to my laptop

Problem; When I’m running karaoke while extending the desktop for the monitor. When the video window is open, playing karaoke, my CPU taps out at a 100% all the time. If I size the Video Window down to about 65% of The Monitor (looks Mickey Mouse ) the CPU stays between 81 and 91%
I’m also using a “Notebook Cooling Fan Pad” that has made a big different in the CPU performance.

What can I do so I can run the video window completely opened without bogging down the CPU

2. Will a Pentium make the software work smoother? Lags, Freezing.

Inviato Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 6:55 pm
to run video I would recommend not using a laptop at all!

a desktop PC with a good video card would be the best way to go Paul

the problem with many laptops is the fact that video cards aren't the best and take up CPU+RAM to function properly. VDJ already takes up quite a bit already to power the effects (like spinning vinyl, etc). Laptops are good for sound only, but as soon as you attempt video you would be better off using dedicated hardware like a desktop.

DJ Cyder had a really nice setup for video and I'm sure he can give you quite some help for such a setup as with many other video jockeys here too.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 7:03 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are able to resize your Karaoke window, then I have to assume that you are using 'window' mode and dragging it over to your extended desktop. You will probably get better performance by using the adapter's secondary display in the video setup dialog.

Also, to get better CPU performance, go the the power settings for your laptop and make sure that you have chosen the 'desktop' scheme rather than one of the 'portable' schemes. This allows mobile CPU's to run at full speed.

Good Luck, and hope this helps.

Inviato Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 9:17 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 12:46 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)