Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dual screen video?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

is it possible to run virtual dj on my main monitor and my vid's on another to display for the crowd? i would like to do it with my existing card i have an nvida gforce 5200 with serial and s video out. if not could someone explain what i have to get to do this? thanks
D.Jay

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 4:43 pm
close VDJ.

Right click on desktop > properties > settings > click on the monitor with the big "2" on it
and click "extend my desktop onto this monitor" click okay

start vdj

Just go in virtualdj CONFIG > VIDEO > activate and select the output other than "window"

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 6:16 pm
i dont see a monitor with a big "2" on it

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 6:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djayentertainment,

You must have a projector or TV conected in the S-Video output, then you could see another screen in the configuration.

Try this too, In your Windows Desktop right-click your mouse and select "Properties" then "Configuration" You must be able to see 2 squares, one with a number 1 and other with the number 2. You must select "Extend your Windows Desktop to this monitor" and follow the previous post instructions.

Good Luck!

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:16 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Another Tip: If you can see in the settings of your videocard the option "Force TV detection" you can enable this one, then your PC will not check if there is a TV connected and will give always a signal on the TV-out.

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:20 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
you must boot with both monitor attached

Inviato Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:35 pm
Follow Cyder's advice. Many newbies have trouble becuae they try to attach the monitor or tv AFTER booting.

Inviato Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 7:26 am
How do you select 2 external monitors to run the full video without a splitter ie using 3 vid cards ( 1 for VDJ and 2 for 2 x LCD Panel ) davefromlondon

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 3:46 am

DVD resolution is 720x480. I can use S-Video or Composite RCA video output to use a splitter and get the job done. It's useless to have 3 Video Cards, first because ther is no hardware that could let you have 4 PCI-e x16 or 4 AGP8x to use 4 videocards. If I use PCI only videocards the performance will suck.

As I said, if y only can have 720x480 resolution because the DVD quality, why I have to use 1280x1024 (or greater) display monitors?, that's why I suggest to use S-Video or Composite Video to do this work. Or you could use a XVGA Splitter (x4 or 8 or 16 outputs) and connect PC monitors to display your video outputs. You cannot use more than 2 monitors in a single instance of VDJ.

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 9:55 am
ok, so to confirm, I can only have vdj software on 1 x monitor and video on 1 x monitor ( or split signall with splitter to give more of the same )

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 11:43 pm
acw dj - thanks, another question, you said You cannot use more than 2 monitors in a single instance of VDJ. - how about 3 monitors, 2 of which in clone mode for full scree nvideo on 2 lcd panel and 3rd for vdj software

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:41 pm
There is the ASUS P5WD2-E Premium, which handles two PCI-express cards using ATI's CrossFire technology.

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 4:32 am

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 8:28 pm
I got 2 vid cards working on std motherboard - ATi 7000 pci and ati 800 PCI E -both are dual head.
I run VDJ app on pci card and 2 cloned screens on PCI E card for full video ( I'm also splitting 1 to a 3rd projector )
worked great, even with 3d transition....
till I messed with the ATI hyper***** software that sent a french error message & lock up:

"erreur............Debugger detect? Fermer le et relancez l’application!

Pour certain debuggers comme softice, Filemon, Regmon, vous devez redemarer votre pc pour pouvior lancer l’application; Pour certain logicels destiness au cracking, comme IceExt vous devez les desinstallet pour pouvoir lancer l’application"

I created Ticket 1141082286 to solve this.
I still get the error message & lock when i re install 3.2 plus 3.3 upgrade ( from clean source of software) HOWEVER, I dont get the message and am runnink ok if i reinstall 3.2 but not the 3.3 upgrade. I then installed 3.2 ans 3.3 upgrade on another pc and worked fine !!
Davefromlondon

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 1:11 am
support telsl me my error will be fixed in 3.4 meanwhile all is ok in 3.2 - 2 vid cards work great

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 11:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)