Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: uc33 mixtable - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

does anyone use this? I want something to use to trigger samples other than a keyboard. i was thinking of using a usb numpad or something of that sort and using keyboard shortcuts. but i would like to have sliders for level of each sample as well. does anyone have a suggestion.

i want

buttons for each sample (play/stop)
sliders for level
eq for each sample would be nice but not a necessity.
and would like to have momentary buttons for samples as well. or could use a button combo (like how shift+F1 plays 1st sample momentary.

Inviato Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 11:41 am
wait i just thought of something... how would the samples get seperated to each section of the uc33. they wouldnt unless you had like 12 soundcards right... well i think i just answered my own question. does anyone have an idea for my situation?

Inviato Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 11:43 am
ok i had a breakthru... the uc33 is a midi controller so it just triggers the software then the software sends out the audio thru my soundcard to my mixer etc. that is if i get a 3 channel mixer i guess, still havent figured that out... anyway heres what i still want to know... how well does uc33 work with vdj and are there other options similar?

Inviato Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 11:47 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I wouldn't sweat the sampling, i'm not a huge sample man myself but you can work around it, but i'm not sure what your looking to accomplish here. I could be wrong here too since me and samples are like 50/50 but when you play a sample it plays out over both channels. Just be able to loop channel 1 and 2 is good enough for me to work with and maybe a sample now and then

Inviato Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 2:35 pm
the only problem with that is if i play a sample and it sends it out over boths channels yes it will be stereo but if my crossfader isnt centered i wont hear one side of the stereo i think... or maybe it splits it into 2 stereo channels... i dunno i just would like a midi interface for my samples

Inviato Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 5:54 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'm pretty sure it plays over both even with the fader not in the center

Inviato Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 7:48 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
it plays over both if you have it set up like that. personaly i use a seperate Channel for samples but if you do it with only 4 ch like you have to with a MAYA 44 for example then when you play a sample while mixing 2 songs (as in both songs playing out) the sample volume is exaggerated because it is technicly playing twice (once on each ch) the quality of the vdj samples is not v good tho i wouldnt use if for sampling. if you have a sample playing out and you stop the tt it makes the worst noise ever. it trys to stretch the sound infinately and it just makes this disgusting noise untill it realises the tt has stoped and the sample stops trying to play. also if you change the volume of a sample within VDJ (as you would using a uc33 for example) you get crackling ang popping.

Inviato Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 3:09 am
just tryed it on my older system (this one) and the samples play fine (just with a little pop if you use the one shot(+shift)). guess its just a problem when using ASIO.

time stretching on samples is not the same used with the decks it makes it sound disgusting if you scratch when playing a looped sample

Inviato Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 3:47 am
well that is only if you beatlock the samples correct. the samples i'd be using are more jingles than loops that dont require beatlock. i'm new to djing how would i use a real sampler with vdj?

Inviato Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 7:08 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
On the subject of using samplers, I have an X-session and use its dials for the volume level of the samples. I thought I would need a way to trigger each sample at first, but then found out that you can select 'AutoPlay' for individual samples which means that they will automatically start playing when their volume is raised. Therefore you don't need a separate button or shortcut for triggering each sample; just map the sliders or dials of your UC33e to the sample volumes, and you'll be all set.

Inviato Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 6:32 pm
i would love an x-session, would be v handy for video mixing with that handy looking centralised crossfader. if you dont use beatlock they dont change pitch (ie timing) to fit the current tempo. wouldnt mind if there was a way to make the sample allways match the current song but not try to lock onto the beats (and lock with them as you scratch etc) just stretch to the rite lenght that if you press it it will be the rite length to fit if you leave the TT alone playing out at the correct speed. i think the quality when used with TCV comes from it trying to sync to the beat even when there are slight variations in the speed of it etc.

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 2:27 am
@Xeo

X-Session does make Video mixing easier. That was the main reason I got it. I also have the dial below the crossfader mapped to the 'video transition' function so I can use it to change transition types without needing the mouse (nor the video panel for that matter.)
If the UC33e had a crossfader, that one would be perfect.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 5:10 pm
The UC33 mixtable works EXCELENT with VDJ.

Each slider can be asigned to a sample, and you can also make that samle autostart when you move the slider... ;) Really nice

Also, having a 5.1 soundcard, you can asign sound as this (in advanced soundconfig)
- output 1/2 : Deck one stereo to channel 1 on external mixer
- output 3/4 : deck two stereo to channel 2 on external mixer
- output 5/6 : samples stereo to channel 3 on external mixer

Now you have complete controll, prelisten possibility and all... for your samples :)

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 5:15 pm
that is if i buy a 3 channel mixer which is what i would like to do.

Inviato Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 3:57 pm
how do you change the length of the loop sample record thinggy? i can only get it to do 4 beat loops

Inviato Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 11:54 pm
I click the jingle button for how ever long i want the loop to record then i chek the loop option.

Inviato Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 7:08 am
You can record a loop/sample inside Virtual DJ at any loop length you want :)

Inviato Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 1:06 pm
good for you lol but HOW do you do it, if you make a jingle and loop it it wont be beat aware will it?

Inviato Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 6:45 am
if you mean can be beatlocked then yes. that is just how i do it i dont know about other peoples ways lol

Inviato Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 8:26 am
To make a sample of length other than 4 beats:

By default, a 4 beat loop from the current position is used, but if you have a loop setup in your current player of any length, then that's what will be copied into the sample slot.

Inviato Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 11:26 pm
65%