Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advanced Configuration NOT working ASIO Chipmunk Sounding

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum (SB0240). I have the current drivers. Card works in other applications, games and such.

First, I'm using two pieces of software at the same time, Virtual DJ and Hoster. I used to be able to assign (in 3.0) my Windows sound card as the Audigy and Hoster would play from the stereo Front L/R. Then in Virtual DJ, I would assign the Left Deck and the Right Deck to Center/Low and Rear L/R respectively. The end effect would be three stereo lines sent to my mixer for indepenent volume control. My mixer would have a Karaoke Channel, Left Deck and Right Deck Channels.

Now, I can't do this. The only way to get this to work is to use my onboard NVidia Audio Card and assign the channels as I want to on the Audigy... If I have to, I will use the NVidia, but the Signal to Noise Ratio is better on the Audigy and less to no static.

I have tried using the SB Audigy ASIO and the CREATIVE ASIO as they both show up in my Advanced Tab. When I use these, the audio coming out sound like the chipmunks... it is noticably faster in speed an pitch.

I shouldn't have to go to an external software. I tried the KX Project drivers, but got LOTS of pops and clicks not noticed in the same files with the other drivers. Also, now if I do get the audio to break off, I get the MAIN audio coming through ALL channels.

Thanks in advance!

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 5:55 am
I have the same card, and I know from using AISO programs, that the AUDIGY2 requires sound data at a rate of 48khz. NOT 44.1khz. Virtual DJ sends data at 44.1khz. This is why it sounds like a chipmunk. The virtual DJ makers need to UPsample the sound data before sending it to these type of sound cards. And by the sounds of it, they don't offer this option.

If your really intent on using the virtual DJ program, you will need to get a sound card that will allow AISO at 44.1 khz.

Sorry bud, not even AISO4ALL will work for you. You said you tried the KX drivers, I have not, but did you ever notice any way to UPSAMPLE the AISO to 48khz?

Inviato Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 9:43 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 3:14 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
virtual dj only has the option to send audio at 44100 Hz but sureley creative cards will work with more than one sample rate? 44100 is the standard not 48000 im sure creative wouldnt make a card that only works on an obscure sample rate. have you tryed using the standard non asio outputs in the advanced tab?

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 3:41 am
Hey, my bad, actually AISO4ALL works, but it requires a system restart, and you will need to select AISO4ALL as your AISO device (then you select audigy2 in a sub menu)

I didn't restart after installing AISO4ALL so i didn't see that it kinda works like its a seperate AISO device, in your AISO devices list.

Get AISO4ALL, and your chipmunk should go away. (make sure you select the ALWAYS resample 44.148khz option)

If you can't get it to work, post here.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 3:42 am
Of coarse it will output other sample rates, DUH! Using non-aiso interfaces, like WDM...

Were talking AISO here.

And creative AISO will only input/output 48khz.. kinda dumb, yes, but its not a PRO card.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 3:44 am
at the end of the day VDJ should be able to use the full potential of an interface so if it can do 96 or 72 or 48 VDJ should be able to use the best i can get. this also reduces latency but we are stuck with 44100. i dont know of any other dj software that cant use different sampling rates. RAVE SCENE BLOW YOUR HORNS!!!

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 5:11 am

ASIO4ALL Don't work with Audigy 2 ZS Cards. I test them and I have better response with ASIO drivers from Creative than I have with ASIO4ALL. VirtualDJ supports 48KHz but is not a full support. I use a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and is working Ok with VDJ.

Creative X-Fi Cards don't seem to have the problems Audigy 2 has because it has a native 44.1 KHz support and ASIO Drivers also. (and 48/96KHz also in 24 bits)

Maybe Audigy 2 ZS isn't a "Pro" card, but it has better response and works faster than other "pro" cards. You can work in ASIO mode in 48/96 and 192KHz ( and 24 bits and are THX certify). Creative also has the EMU Series Pro Cards.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 7:50 am
Ok this dude started the POST about this card:

"Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum" ONLY, NOT ZS, not anything else.

I have this card, and I KNOW that it will NOT allow any ASIO rate other than 48khz.

So far the only solution with THIS CARD for me has been using ASIO4ALL. It does work, sounds like crap, but at least there isn't major skipping, like when using NON-ASIO interfaces.

Well the above comment says VDJ supports 48khz, but its not full support? what kind of statement is that? Either it supports 48khz ASIO output or it doesn't. And it doesn't. It would have to have a way to UPSAMPLE the data, and there is no option to do that in VDJ.

If you keep on topic, less people will get confused.

Inviato Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 9:40 pm
Phatraver,

To be more clear, VirtualDJ supports Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Sound Card Working at 48KHz. I use it and works fine and also at 2ms in ASIO mode. When I said "VDJ has not full support at 48KHz" I meant for MPEG-2 in 48KHz were the sound isn't as good as it is in 44KHz. That's all.

I'm out.

Inviato Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 6:12 am
it needs to be said tho that any song off a cd wont sound any better played upsampled, infact its likeley to sound wose because it has to go through the process. infact 99% of songs that you can download buy in shops (save SACD and DVD audio) are recorded in 44.1Khz resolution with 16 bit integer depth so upsampling to 24bit floating point and even 196Khz resolution wont create sound that isnt there in the recording. it cannot improve the sound one bit so it flat out makes no difference. the only possible difference may be the clarity of effects etc generated on computer and the whole definition of sound processing as there is greater dynamic range to use but i ahve to say a well made 44.1 sound engine would beat the pants off a pro audio interface playing normal 44.1Khz 16 bit files

Inviato Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 4:02 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)