Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Soundcard?????

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

kitbagHome userMember since 2005
I'm building a PC for a bar function room where there are parties and such. I have put together a stand alone PC with an AMD 2600 Sempron processor, I have tried out atomixmp3 demo version and the internal soundcard wasn't up to the job, I thought this would be the case. The output level was too low and the base was non-existent, sounded very tinny.

What is the recommended sound card for this system? I have looked at different sound cards for this and seen the maya44 usb, does anyone use this and what is the sound level like?

I’m looking for a low price solution to this problem, any suggested soundcards will do.

I’m not a DJ or a sound engineer so if you could keep things as low tech as possible I would be grateful

I’m not concerned about opening up a PC and installing cards so either solution will do, would just like the best for the price.

When I have the sound right I will get the full supported version of the software, I just want to get everything working ok first to make sure it does the job

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 3:03 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 6:26 am
kitbagHome userMember since 2005
Thanks

While looking for the M-Audio Delta 44 I found the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI, it is cheaper and it looks as if it will do the job, is it compatible?

Plus RCA connects are more convenient for this setup

Inviato Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 1:36 am
Hi everybody i'm italian dj, i want buy the Vdj software and timecoded vinyl to use the program with my consolle.
I have a notebook asus p4 2.5Ghz with a Cmedia sound card.
I have to buy a new sound card for it.
Do you know a sound card for notebook (External) with a low latency time?
What is better ?Maya 44USB or Creative Audigy2?
Can you tell me more about the difference on the latency?
With the maya 44 USB the track follow me in real time when i move the timecoded vinyl (to put in time the song) on my turntable?
thanks

Inviato Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 9:57 am
yes ... with an ASIO soundcard, its real-time.... what ever you do at your turntable with timecode.

Asio is close to zero latency ;)

Maya is a good choice for such an Asio soundcard, even the new Hercules MK2 console is said to work fine (Asio, and 2x line in)

Inviato Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 10:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)