Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is this possable?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok I have a DJ Console and would like to use it as a mixer. On top of that I want to get some CDJ800's to use with time coded CD's. Is it possable to have both CD players in Line In (DJ Console) using a diffrent channel for each deck?

Diagram:

(CD Player A)--------O...........O-------(CD Player B)
..............................L........... R...........................
..........................|___Line In___|........................

The reason I like this setup is the fact that the DJ Console would be sweet to use as a mixer. Using the jog wheels for effects, use the cross fader to switch between channels, and so forth.

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 2:17 pm
This is possible with the Hercules DJ Console MK2. It has its own built in sound card with ASIO which makes it possible to use the herc as a mixer/controller

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 3:34 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i would think that if your going to do some scratching that the herc crossfader would not stand up so well to the abuse and would need to be cleaned or replaced because i am guessing it's not built as PRO as it would need to be. Anyone with a Herc know if it can be replaced?

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 3:41 pm
"...CDJ800's to use with time coded CD's..."

He's using the pioneer cdplayers for scratch :)

And what he wants, is possible in the new MK2 console... it also have a bypass switch, so that he can play REAL cd's of choice, without doing any cable switches etc

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 10:02 pm
i didn't totally get the setup/idea pictured in my head until now but still want to know what fader is going to be cutting the sounds from the cdj 800? that would be the herc right? My question is a little off of the requested idea.

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 10:36 pm
yupp :)

The new mk2 can work as a mixer for external devices, such as 2 decks or 2 turntables :)

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 11:35 pm
right so my point is how well is that herc crossfader? and is it replaceable?

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 11:49 pm
well.. its a bit loose for sure.... (might be good for scratch djs though)....

and non-replaceble.. i guess....

Goes for the jogs as well...

But i have used the herc-1 for about a year... seems to hold up pretty good, even if looking toy-ish :)

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 11:56 pm
Yea the crossfader is very stable to use for scratching. It's a midi controller to be exact instead of the standard fader. I own a DJ console thats not MKII tho. Plus I might buy the audigy for the laptop to use for ASIO. Is the regular DJ Conole just have software ASIO and not hardware?

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 7:16 am
Okay one question, can i use HDJC mk2 without PC just as an ordinary mixer ?
at least when my pc locks up am I able to play at least cd ?

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 9:33 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
No!

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 2:40 pm
doh! so i will buy Behringer VMX1000 with autotalkover
i

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 2:43 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Though the HDJC may not be able to be used stand-alone, I know that at least with the original (which I have) when the PC crashes or is rebooted, the line-in audio still goes to line-out. I think this is because it is still being powered by the rebooting pc and has already received whatever it needs from the computer to operate. The sound processing at least for the line in takes place within the console itself and doesn't depend on the computer.
I hope this is the case for the MK2 as well. This is desirable because in the case of a crash, a CD player, turntable, or iPod connected to the analog input can be used to play music while the pc recovers.

When I get my MK2, I will try it out and report back... just waiting for my local shop to get it in so I can use my store-credit ;)

Inviato Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 4:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)