Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV Switching Relative / Absolute???

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mfshvaHome userMember since 2005
is there any way to switch from absolute to relative mode when playing with tcv? I have payed my tcv´s but not reached yet.

Inviato Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 1:10 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Hello my friend, what's new ?
No there isn't..., but it is something we asked for, many times.
I hope to see this function soon.

Inviato Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 1:17 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so do I.

and many many many times it has been asked for and all we see is video mixing and novelty DMX controll. and half a timestetch with no key change

Inviato Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 6:12 am
thats really bad because i think for scratching dj´s this should be a basic feature.

What mode uses Virtual DJ ???? Absolute or Relative ? And is it possible to loop when vdj is using absolut or better how or when he switches between the modes?

When vdj only uses relative mode i won´t buy it.

Inviato Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 8:27 pm
Virtual DJ uses absolute mode... :)

its possible to loop and use all other functions in software, when using the timecode vinyl.

relative mode might be added real soon too ...

Inviato Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 8:42 pm
Actually Norway VDJ is more like the relative mode

Absolute mode would disable the use of loops and anti-skip in the options.

Relative would be what VDJ is running like. Using all of the features of VDJ and just controlling the song with the TCVs.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 9:00 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
not really sure why you would need that, other then when scratching the markers would always be in the same postion. i enjoy making my own cue's when needed

Inviato Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 10:15 pm
my bad :) hehe... absolute vs relative..

you can use loops in software at least :) if that was what he was looking for :)

Inviato Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 12:52 am
As i wrote again, vdj read the timecode in a special way (not absolute, nor relative)
I call it "smart mode"..., and it is something between the two..
This mode allow the user to use loops and cues, and it is unique to virtual dj.
FS and Mixvibes for example dosn't allow these in absolute mode, only in relative.

For vdj this is an advantage but unfortunelly this is not working well for:
#1. for advanced scratchers (when needle skips)
#2. for TCCD (with players without vinyl emul.)
Thats why we're asking for a true absolute for #1, and a true relative mode for #2,
(in addition to "smart" mode of course...)

But as Dj-inNorway said... i smell it, it's coming...

Inviato Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 3:30 am
The importants thing for me : is there needle drop this means can i select with the needle a position in the song?

Inviato Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 9:18 am
Yes you can, it works like in absolute mode but if you have a needle skip (eg. hard scratch), or you use loops, or goto_cue -from the software- then the sync with the timecode is lost and it is like in relative mode, but if you move the needle to another point it goes to the right point again. That's why i call it smart... This with vinyl (tcv) or cd players with vinyl emulation.
If you want to use your Pionner cdj-500's (i think you have these) there are problems.

Inviato Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 9:31 am
ok then is allright because i never use cd-players anymore since i have buyed the hercules control mp3 console. In Clubs or huge important locations i use tcv and all other gig´s i use the hercules controller.

Inviato Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 12:13 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
'huge important' locations ahy. fancy blagging me a pair of technics with your celebrity status?

Inviato Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 3:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)