Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Should I purchase more stuff to get this to work??? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hi all... new the this forum. I downloaded the demo and bought the TCV. I just got the TCV today and it works alright I guess. Doesn't compare to Serato. I mainly wanted this software to mix videos. I have two machines I tested it on. The video going out the S-Video port looks alright but when I play two for mixing and even going through the transition the video gets really bad. I tried downloading different codecs suggested from this forum and tweaked many things with no luck. I was wondering if I should just build a whole other computer with or just maybe get a better video card and possibly more RAM.

Here are my current specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ running at 2.08 GHZ
1 gig of PC2700 RAM
G-Force FX 5500 (AGP)

3 - ATA WD 250 gig HD's

---------------------------------

Now another question would be if the hard drives help with all the video content too. I mean should I get SATA drives or is that over kill.

I want to do either or... if I can get away with just getting the best video card for what is left of the AGP technology out there then I will do that. I found a G-Force 6800 GT for like $369. If I should build a new system then I will do that. I would end up getting a P4 3ghz, etc...

Keep in mind I do want to buy this software knowing I could actually use it without too many glitches with video. I own an entertaiment company in Houston Texas... I am also am a professional DJ for a major Nightclub company here in Houston as well. I would love to demo this fully working so we can put them in our current properties and future properties as well. I did sell them on PCDJ over two years ago when I started with the company and I would love to sell them on this too. :-)

Inviato Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 3:54 am
Not sure what version you are trying, but video out is not supported in the legal demo

anyways, your setup looks fine, and it works fine in the full pro version.
Not all sure about your video-card, but there should not be any problems with the video when mixing or in the transitions.

Getting a firewire/usb2 drive would do fine for video storage, and you can always consider compression to save space (mpeg1 or divx).

Inviato Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 5:02 pm
I actually got that demo from someone who wanted me to check it out. I just finished purchasing it because I liked it so much.

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 3:48 am
good stuff low, and welcome to the community. you'll see that support will come in very easilly seeing that your fully registered.

As far as system wise goes I think your ok, I just don't know about the video card although I think you should be good to mix videos (if your into that). check for the latest drivers to make sure everything is top notch and you'll have some good fun ;)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 5:41 am
Al,

Im pretty sure that the reason your video gets bad when mixing is your vid card. I would get that GT. That should do it.

Killabee44

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 7:31 am
Cool.. thanks for the responses. I think I going to buy a new video card first and see if that does the the trick. I do want eventually build a system based around this software.

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 9:32 am
Welcome as a full member :)

Search this forum for your video card... It might need just new drivers, or maybe its not working very well.. There has been alot of posting about experiences and recommandations about what graphic cards to use...

Happy mixing ;)

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 5:05 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think your machine is OK except for the video card. Don't know where DJ Cyder is, but I'm sure he would say something along the lines of "Get rid of that piece of crap FX video card and step into the 21 century with a card from the GT series."
I personally have no experience with the Nvidia cards and am just relaying what I have learned reading this forum.

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 5:07 pm
LOL... yep, that's what Cyder would suggest.

Inviato Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 8:59 pm
I was debating whether to buy a new graphics card or build a new machine (faster processor, etc) I leaning toward new graphics card... I know it is 21st century... not all of us can afford to be in it yet.

Inviato Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 1:53 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

The graphics card suggested by Cyder (and also for me) is the 6600GT with 128MB ($169usd aprox).

The 6800GT isn't as fast as 6600GT (beleive it or not) the only graphics card that is faster is the 7800GT or the GTX.

For price and quality, the GForce 6600GT with 128MB (DDR3) is the way to go.

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 6:25 am
I have ATI Radion, and it works damn nice there too ;)

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 1:17 pm
acw_dj the 6600GT is not the second most powerful card on the market and the 6800GT is infact upto 50% faster than the 6600GT when running at high resolutions with AA and AF. In normal situations it is still around 10% faster.

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 6:07 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Sorry guys I've always been here just a little "behing the scenes" anyway the problem with the fx series is the fact it has ddr-1 ram and is just too slow. The Gpu is slower as well. That is where the gt series comes in, with ddr-3 ram is faster and smoother using the internal codec for playback. The reason I recommend the 6600gt is two fold, its very well priced I found one last week for 120 us and the second reason is its the same card the dev team use in their boxes. I also use one in my personal rig. I agree with andrew87 also with the 6800 you get vivo if you want to pass video thru your pc for live captureing :) Given the resoultions we are running here anything more then a 6600 is just a little piece of mind.

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 9:01 pm
I haven't updated my system yet ... no PCI-Express yet. I still have system with AGP.. so I was thinking of getting the last Nvidia video card made for AGP. The Ge-Force 6800GT with 256mb... the cheapest I could find it was at Best Buy (I was suprised) $369 for a BFG. So.... should I scrap that idea and just build a new system from scratch with PCI-Express or would it be alright with my current specs and a 6800GT card...

my current specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
1.5 gigs of RAM
3 - 250 HD's

Inviato Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 9:45 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
al,

either way but since the agp slot is dying I would go with a setup simlar to what I have posted in my blog, 6600gt wil be good even if its in it agp slot form its still a pci express with an adapter chip. I'd go athlon 64 definatly.

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 1:59 am
cool... thanks for the response.

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 6:10 am

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 10:04 pm
To be more specific:

Specs:
6800GT

Core Clock 350 or 375MHz
Memory Clock 700 or 1000 MHz
Memory Bus: 256bits
Memory type: DDR (256MB or 512MB)

6600GT

Core Clock: 500MHz
Memory Clock: 1000 or 1120 MHz
memory bus: 128bits
Memory Type: DDR 3 (128MB or 256MB)

Good Luck!

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 11:55 pm
It's very unfair to compare clock speeds like that, especially as the 6800GT has double the memory bus. It's similar to AMDs top CPUs being 1Ghz lower than Intels but still having equal and better performance in various circumstances.

The 6800GT is better than the 6600GT but if you're not going to be playing games in fullscreen 1600x1200 with all the eyecandy turned on, you don't need it. In fact, if all you're doing is running Virtual DJ, a slightly less powerful card (which is ultimately cheaper) may make your proposal to other properties more attractive and still work fine (maybe one of the support team knows how the 9600 XT works with VDJ?).

I've observed that a friends Virtual DJ setup has a considerable load on the CPU when video mixing occurs; also have you tried disabling Hardware Acceleration in the VDJ control panel? The 5500 is not properly DirectX 9 compatable so enabling it may actually hinder your performance. I could be completely wrong here, but it won't take long to try and it could save you some money :)

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 12:56 am
32%