Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SSL , PCDJ & TRACKTOR DONT EVEN COME CLOSE TO VDJ - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Norway..... Your a bad bad man LOL

Inviato Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 11:01 pm
yupp... bad to the bone ;)

I'll make the finaly diplomatic post, beeing good... :
SSL is probably a very good software... it seems to attract all the FS users for sure..

And so is VDJ in my eyes..

They both have their advantages and disadvantages...

Its up to the user in the end, what software he wants... easy as that :)

Inviato Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 11:08 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I didnt mean to start a vdj bash/riot in my last thread. Sorry to the vdj team..

Inviato Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 11:56 pm
we know.. dont worry :) you made a constructive remark ...

and it's prefectly OK to do so.. .

not your fault that someone always takes the oportunity to come here from "other" forums as soon as they see a chance, and start making unprofesional and silly remarks...

anyways, I think the users here are smart enough to see what is what, and what to put weight on and what to just over-look... :)

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 12:18 am
Well I got my SSL copy 4 days ago and last night was the first night I used it for any real amount of time. And guess what, on exit it crashed. No worries though. If you all remember my first time using VDJ at a gig, it crashed twice in one gig. This was the infamous scratch crash bug and I got bit by it early and still stuck with VDJ for over a year. Even though SSL crashed when it exited, it still feels more stable than VDJ and I've never had a crash with VDJ 3.2 but I've had countless "glitches", display freezing, plugins that cause audio to hiccup (yes I know atomix doesn't make the plugins) and countless other issues. No crashes though, and no lost gigs.

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 12:31 am
well.. according to feedback, both software still needs work :)

Nothing is perfect yet..

But glad SSL seems to live up to your expectations...

Who knows, maybe you will miss the features of VDJ one day, and turn back.. maybe not

I'm for sure happy where I'm at ;)

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 12:35 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I must say... you must have alot of $$$ anewsome. You seem to be buying equipment left right & centre. Wish I could do the same lol. What do you do besides DJ'n?

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 1:04 am
Buying equipment left and right? Are you serious? I get by on bare minimum. There is a lot of stuff that I want, that I don't buy unless I have the paying gigs to support it. Most of the gear I have now was financed by a summer of doing Anaheim Angels (US Major League Baseball Team) postgame parties. That's how I bought the DZ1200, xp10 and 2 Dell Laptops. So I basically broke even for the summer.

New Years Eve pay is pretty much is paying for SSL and my next set of JBL speakers that I will use at the Shaq party (US basketball player). I won't say exactly how much we pulled in on NYE, but let's just say it was SIX figures, of which, I get a considerable portion.

But to answer your question I_rids, I have a boring job at a software company. Although before that, I was the Chief Technology Officer of an Internet company for about 4 years. Another couple of good months and it will be DJing full time for me,.. well DJing and promoting. Looking for my own venue presently.

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 2:06 am
Well, just to get back on topic ;)

I think both SSL and Traktor are actually better at what they do, either has better soundquality, Traktor has WAY better MasterTempo and SSL is much better at vinyl 'emulation'. Both have specific targets for their user base and they have a firm grip on those IMO..

VDJ is better bang for the buck, has a much broader appeal and has no specific target audience I can see, VDJ does a lot and most of it very well.

PCDJ as-is is way behind most of the rest now, claims are their new breed will fix all that, but untill we see what's cooking that's all but hearsay.. Same goes for some others like Reflex..

Still, I'll take djDecks over any of the above (Heee Norway.. ;) )

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 3:18 am
Jack of all trades, master of none. (Especially tempo...)

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 8:07 am
@ anewsome :

you mis-understood and mis-interpreted my post, i was not dissing the actuall programs, or community, its behind the scenes that VDJ truly shine, you said it best "you spend most your time here because of the people" thats what i ment!

we really do relate,react,interact within this community unlike any other i have seen before.

THAT my friends is commendable beyond anything,......

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 9:48 am
Since these discussion always turn out to be a way for someone to use this forum to simply promote other software for some personal reason and agenda, I'll close this topic.

This forum is about Virtual DJ, and not a shot-box for promoting what ever other software you in your personal mind like better or not.

If it was only keept as a profesionall discussion on a normal level, that would be something else.

But sadly it always turn out to be a shot-box for some biased ones that use this for their own agenda, where its simply throwing dirt and being unprofesionall about it.

Rune

Inviato Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 10:08 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)