Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skip heard between songs in recorded mixes

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have tried numerous times to record a mix (with the auto split into multiple files feature engaged), but everytime the crossfader moves from one side to the other, I get a distinct skip or jump between each mixed song. I've tried various suggestions that I read on this site, which included setting my gap to 0 on my Easy Creator 8, and recording the mix in a wave file. but nothing seems to work. There must be an answer, otherwise everyone would be complaining about this issue.

Thank you in advance,
Michael
Mhorne6702@aol.com

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 5:17 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
record it as one whole track and add the splits later.

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 6:24 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
maybe your computer lacks of ram and/or CPU speed.

what are your computer specs?

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 1:36 pm
no what they mean is that the mix is skip free, its just the auto track breaks that VDJ makes are not perfectly seamless, i have had the same issue. I just do the splits in NERO.

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 2:11 pm
Ok i see.

anyway i do the same for the splits, i do them in Nero when they are really needed. But usually i burn a complete mix of 74 or 80 minutes on CDs.

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 2:19 pm
it's problem of mp3, you cannot merge 2 mp3's exactly (ogg has such an option to have more continuous files and playable withoun ANY gap)
but in nero you just have one continuous song and just put an index there. be sure to not use any (2 second default) GAP between songs.

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 3:11 pm
yes it is because of the compression in the audio

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 3:47 pm
Can you recommend a good program that I can use to add the splits later?

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 5:20 pm
If it is to burn the cd, i recommend to do it directly in Nero or in Easy CD Creator.

if you want to split the file only to keep it on computer (i don't see the point in doing that) google wave splitter or mp3 splitter.

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 10:55 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I split the song directly from VDJ in WAV and then make the CD in Easy Creator (I got v7) and in there I put gap=0... t he CD then has their tracks for each song and sound like a single mixing CD without any trouble. When I got problem with some songs that were splited more than once I use MS WAV Editor and put it together.

It seems better to record one single track and then split each track later...

Good Luck!

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 3:57 pm
use mp3directcut it works without repacking and can create separate mp3's or just a .cue file without affecting the resulting mp3

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 11:12 am
Thanks for all of the advice

Mike

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 9:28 pm
try recording in WAVE when you record in Virtual DJ (auto cut)

Mp3 is imperfect format for this use, as it adds info to the file, so there will be gaps...

the reson to why samples in Virtual DJ are OGG format, and not MP3

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 1:49 am
Hi ! Could you experienced guys tell me how to use Nero in order to put an index in a big mp3 file? I have Nero but I noticed that this function is only possible when we save the mixing file in .wav :(

Thanks in advance!
Dj Querelle

Inviato Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 6:13 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
alot of CD burning utilities have 'add silence' or whatever turend on by default. What this does is put gaps between the songs so they dont run rite into each other, but in this case thats exacly what you want! doh! Untick the option to inser silence between tracks if there is one, i know nero has this box.

Try making a CD image in VDJ record..........

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 1:25 am
Hi Xeo.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I would like to split a big mp3 file to make possible to seek for each music within this big file. In Nero we can do it for .wav files, but not for .mp3 files. I have nero express 6 but I guess I might save the mixing file into .wav, creat the splits and then convert this .wav file into .mp3 file. Does it sound right?

Hope its clear now.

thx once again!

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 3:17 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i was answering the orignal question not your question. download soudforge or something, cool edit pro. there are lots of things that will split an audio file without any gaps

Inviato Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 12:36 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)