Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song skips while I'm cueing another song.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey. Whenever I am playing a song, and then go to cue another song up and I drag the song I want to cue up onto the deck, the song that is playing will skip... why?

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 5:33 am
Did this just start, or has it always been like that? Every song? What are the specs of your system?

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 8:15 am
It's only just started since the newest update.

Specs: NEC laptop
40gb HD, 1.4Ghz.

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 11:09 pm
play the song in your phones first, this almost eliminates the skip.

Inviato Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 11:20 pm
Sorry, I don't understand? I'm playing one song on Deck A, and Drag a song on to Deck B, and Deck A will skip... how can I listen to it in my phones first without dragging it to Deck B?

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 7:48 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had a similar problem when I first started using videos. While loading a video, the sound on the playing deck would occassionally skip or stutter.
In my case, I was able to permanently fix this issue by moving my external HD to firewire instead of sharing the USB with the sound card(s). My guess is that the poor traffic management of USB was causing interruptions in the sound card's audio data flow, whenever the bus was clogged with music going from the USB drive to the PC.
If you don't have firewire, you can test this by putting some songs on your internal hard drive and load them from there and see if the problem still happens. In this case, the USB would not be burdened and so if USB traffic was the original issue, it should be resolved this way. If so, then you can choose to put everything on your internal drive(s) or use firewire for your media.

Hope this hepls,
-Frd

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 5:02 pm
thats one of the main reason for skips...

USB dont like to have shared IRQ's.... fix that, and you will be fine :)

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 5:05 pm
Well that'd be fine... but I don't use anything on my usb... I use a PCMCIA sound card.

How do I change IRQ stuff? Ran a search on it, and nothing told me actually how to do it :P

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 8:10 am
Errr, I've managed to fix it... Change the max load to none. And it's gone. =)

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 8:25 am
Also, there seems to be a problem with skipping that I've encountered when using mp3's purchased off the net, and the fact that before they play they check their validity with the license on the computer, with a rough 0.5s delay time where it chews up RAM, causing the song playing to skip while cueing. To get around this, take a CD-RW, copy the music on to CD-RW, and then copy the music off the CD-RW into wherever you keep your music. Oddly enough, when you do this, you break the tie with the license, and it no longer searches for the correct license, eliminating the drag on RAM while it searches.

It's a pain in the posterior, but it works flawlessly for me now. I've got my first gig using VDJ this Sunday evening now I've nutted it all out. Hoping it doesn't skip on me mid-way through - eeek!

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 2:41 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I don't advise you "none" as it's a direct access to hard disc, better use 10min or 15min in memory

Never choose "always" if you are not a computer expert

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 3:23 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Gus

Just incase it does make a skip on you...or crash out for that matter...just make sure you have another music source with you. IPOD, CD player or whatever.

I use a personal cd player plugged into another mixer channel and leave it on 'repeat' on a good song depending on what i'm playing.

If anything goes wrong i simply swipe my vdj volume down and the cd volume up. sorted.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 9:44 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

One of the wonders of VirtualDJ is that even when it crash it let the song sound until ends, that let you the chance to open a second instance of VirtualDJ and mix the song or use and external source and no one is going to notice the problem... (only you).

Good Luck!

Inviato Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 11:24 pm
"Never choose "always" if you are not a computer expert". Yo DJCEL, would you explain what you mean by this. I am not a computer expert, so go slow. The reason I ask is, that's what I have it set to.

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 12:04 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
this, ACW, only happened to me once and hopefully it was the only time VDJ crashed at a live gig :)

use the always setting only if you are sure you have enough RAM in your computer and you know your computer won't have memory problems while mixing.

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 12:06 am
Do I need a gig of ram for this program to run smooth? I'm currently using 512. I thought 512 was enough based on the requirements on the vdj site.

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 8:41 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It depends on what you do with VirtualDJ

Sure for video it's not enough (1024 mini)
For WDM (~DirectSound), it's enough for normal use but if you use a lot of plugins and equaliser a lot you should increase the RAM
For ASIO, it can be enough or not: test and see

Inviato Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 11:54 pm
Ok, I had it working all fine... But, with less than 24 hours before I'm meant to use VDJ at a gig, I turn it on for a play around after finally nutting it out on Thursday - and guess what? It skips. Oddly enough, it seems to only skip when the song is being dragged from a folder different from the one that previously played before it.

ARGH!

I've absolutely done everything that this forum suggests and it's still around. I have a friend who uses PCDJ and he's calling me an absolute idiot for continuously mucking about with it. But I like it because it's so much more versatile than PCDJ which is a bit 'clunky'. Any more advice???

Inviato Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 6:59 am
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
try disabling timestretch,limiter and set max load to 15min.

see if that helps?

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 9:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)