Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playing Video and Karaoke files - having a wee problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys until now I've only been using VDJ for Music at gigs and it's been solid.

Now I want to use it as my full karaoke setup as well rather than taking 2 PC's.

My machine exceeds all the spec but I'm having a few problems...I've eased most of them by adding in one of my othe graphics cards so now the interface has it's own GPU as does the video output.

Video is noticeably smoother full screen with Hardware Acceleration turned on...but when I do this it stops me from being able to view karaoke files (CDG) and in addition the preview panes stop working as does the possibility to show a Bitmap image when no video is present (on that note, It never shows a JPG).

If I run it in non accelerated mode obviously I can't use any video effects which I'm not so bothered about right now. I'm not even so bothered that video doesn't look as good as I don't do video shows YET.
The problem is that when Hardware Acceleration is turned of the VDJ user interface appears to be somewhat sluggish.

I'd like to think the hardware is capable with 2 128MB GeForce Ti 4200.
2.2Ghz Athlon 1GB DDR.

When I've got some money saved up I plan to build a new GIG computer, but for now this will have to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ross.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 2:21 am
So you have 2 video cards in your PC? They are both the same card? How does your machine tell them apart? These are PCI, AGP, or PCI Xpress? I did not know you could have 2 video cards in a machine. I learn something new everyday. I wonder if you are asking the machine to do to much at once.Even though you have separate cards, is this putting to great a load ond the machine. I will wait to see what the smartter guys have to say about this, and we will both learn together.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 7:05 am
I have had success running a pci and agp at the same time, two different brands (Nvidia and Radeon)

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 7:28 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

In fact some motherboards have 2 PCI-Express x 16 slots and you could use both to put 2 PCI-e Video cards. The system looks both and could define the first as (1) and the other as (2) when are the same model and brand. You must define in where you are ging to let your main display.

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 6:40 pm
Ok, I got the 2 video card thing. How can we help this guy with his video problem?

Inviato Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 9:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)