Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: X-fer Music & Database, New Drive Path

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

X-fer Music & Database, New Drive Path

Hi-

I have done the transfer of music going from V2.06 to V3.3, also on to a new laptop. Drive letters are different.

I would like to transfer comments cue points and so forth. I transferred the data file, no luck.

I then searched this forum and read that if you transfer and edit the mp3database.txt file and change the path, that might work. Did not work for me. In fact, 3.3 did not have the mp3database.txt at all and when I installed it on the new laptop it had no visible effect at all.

Anyone done this? Suggestions? I sure don't want to have to redo the whole thing.

Thanks.

Inviato Sat 14 Jan 06 @ 9:02 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

You are looking in the wrong place. mp3database.txt in VirtualDJ 3.0 and above is used for the path of the songs only.

If you want to use the old v2.06 database in VDJ 3.3 you need to rename the old database to "VirtualDJ Database.XML". Do a backup before you try it, just in case.

Good Luck!

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 7:59 pm
Thanks for your reply acw_dj-

Tried what you said but got a corrupted database message. Thank you for your efforts. Next time, I hope this will be easier, it should be.

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 5:10 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Inviato Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 6:58 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)