Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Turntable use?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

wuds up guys, just have a few questions here. i know VDJ is compatible with the tunrtables and all that good stuff, but i was wondering... can u actually control all the features coming from a mixer, turntable, cd and actually affect the VDJ decks?, meaning, would changing the pitch from the turntable affect also the pitch from the program? would pushing start/pause from the real tunrtable - start and pause in VDJ? would killing the bass, mid, hi, from the mixer affect the sound coming from VDJ?

anyway, im asking this bcuz im ready to buy sum TTs, and i just thought if those questions i had were answered as a YES, then i would be glad and more comfortable using the real thing.

thx alot
peace

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 3:44 am
cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi, right...

yes any change with your turntable will will affect your mp3 playpack, pitch, start stop, scratch ect.. if you want mixer controll, u need the hurculies dj console..

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 8:15 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
... or route the outputs through an external mixer and than to speakers :)

Inviato Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 8:54 pm
yea i know it will affect the mp3 playbak sound, but my main question was, by moving the pitch up/down or pushing play/pause button on Technics, will i b able to see what i am exactly doing on the turntables, on da VDJ screen decks?

for ex. If im mixing w/ TCV and i suddenly want to pick up or slow down the pitch via the turntables, would i b able to see those actions also on the VDJ screen?

peace
djvoltron

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:16 am
Yes u would be able to see the pitch go up or down on the vdj screen. Basically i don't use the pitch on the turntables cause then it looses the beatmatch ability. but then again that's my opinion, anyone else think different? I think the next update is gonna cover this issue. I Hope. I think i just got too used to working with the onscreen pitch/beatmatch that's why i don't use the turntable pitch

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:24 am
ooh i see, would that go for the play/pause button also?

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:42 am
Voltron I don't know if you ever used turntables although they are NOT like cd players

You have a start/stop button on tts which start and stop the platter from turning.

now vdj and any other software that uses TCVs are pretty much like using a real vinyl (not sure if you've had the pleasure of mixing with vinyl yet)

VDJ will recognize the record playing if the needle is on the record. if the record is spinning but no needle is on the record then VDJ thinks that nothing is playing. pick up the needle from the rest arm and drop it on the vinyl. VDJ will pick up the time signal from the TCV and start playing the mp3 at the spot where the needle is dropped or playing.

lets say you move the record back and forth as if you were to scratch you will get the scratch sound and you will also see the record move back and forth on VDJ. The play/stop buttons in VDJ will not flash up as if you hit a magic button.

now for the pitch. If you control the pitch from your TTs, VDJ will notice the pitch increase or decrease although the current version doesn't move the pitch slider at the present time. I have asked for this feature to be added however and might be included in one of the next versions if the Dev team is so kind to add it ;)

TCVs play like normal vinyl

what more can I say? :D

Hope this helps a bit. if you have anymore questions post them and we'll try to answer them for ya.

DJ White Devil

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 7:25 am
aight i get it now. sry bout my "noobness" with the program -- and by fact i havent tried out vinyl haha. thats y i had questions bout how TT's workd with dis software. but anyway, thx for the support and yea... gotta admit... vdj is an amazing software, period. once again thx. take it ez vdjs!

peace
djvoltron

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 7:48 am
no problem voltron, sometimes certain questions like these are a bit difficult to explain by writing in words and I always find it better to show hands on either in person or over a webcam. If you ever want to check out some TCV videos you can always check out the DJ Righteous vids here

ftp://vdj:user@ubrendorn.mine.nu

Best of luck

DJ White Devil

Inviato Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 1:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)