Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Midi and ECLER NUO4

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
OK couple of questions.

1. what is the bestway to hook up cables from sound card to mixer and 2 denon 3500's? I plan on using the timecode as well as the virtual if it can be done?

2. I hear about a bypass button to swittch from time code to real cd. I dont see that on default skin. Is this feature on a seperate skin?

3. I am messing with the default NUO4 Midi mappings. On the samples when you rotate the knob its only full volume up or full volume down, doesnt look like virtual dj is reading all the correct settings?

4. This kind of relates to question 1 but right now I have emu-1616m sound card with 3 outputs. Output L1R1 is going to my channel 1 on nuo4, output L2R2 going to channel 4, Output 3lL3R is going to 5 COmputer in. ( Is this the best way or should I be using channels 2/3 and use the midi switch to toggle back and forth? Seem's like so many possibilities, but looking for the one that will allow me to use timecode, bypass (for direct cd play), and also be able to use my midi with virtual dj.?

Well hopefully someone has been done this path and can give me some guidance.

I am loving the full monty. Demo was good, but doesnt allow you to tap into all the features. I can tell you that I am likening this better than final scratch 2 which cost $599.00 retail us. I almost bought Serato, but thankfully I came across this site.

Thanks in advance for replys

Inviato Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 1:45 am
well dont seem to be getting a response off this, so let me try again. Where is this bypass button on vdj so that I can go from vdj to using just my dennon 3500's?

Inviato Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 2:35 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
the bypass button isn't on all skins.

you can create a shortcut (midi/keyboard) to activate bypass.

the function's name is: timecode_bypass

Inviato Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 2:42 pm
Thanks, I will have to set that up than and see how it works out. I am gonna mess around with my midi tongight or this weekend and come up with a nice mapping. Than if anyone wants it for the ecler nuo4 I will post it.
Also if anyone has e-mu 1616m I have the software down, so I can help guide people on how to set up the asio on it.

Inviato Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 8:46 pm
My setup is very similar to yours : 2 Pioneer CDJ-1000 Mk2 + NUO 4 + Maya 44 USB.

I just love it, however I was thinking of switching to the emu-1616m also, since I play in night-clubs and I'm not sure the sound from the Maya is good enough.

NUO 4 is a great mixer, but in order to use it for video mixing you're almost forced to link it via MIDI and use VDJ's software crossfader/eq controls instead of the NUO 4's much better sounding hardware faders/eq, so I'm kind of back to square one for hardware control of video mixing.

I even tried using channels 2 and 3 on the mixer as MIDI control of VDJ, and channels 1 and 4 for the sound only, but that is far from being great... In order to have it work smooth 100%, we would need to have the sound still coming in on channels 2 and 3 at the same time as having MIDI control on these channels...

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 3:49 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
funnyb0nz,

Please follow the rules of the forum. Exchange of MSN is not allow for a Non Registered user.

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 6:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)