Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: you can beatmix ANYTHING - hiphop, r'n'b, drum&bass etc

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I know some user of Virtual DJ are in the beginning of DJ-ing... and want everyting to be as easy as pushing a button and expects all song to beatmix... well ... U CAN! ;) But u need to adjust the songs first (VDJ dont do this on odd-beat songs, like modern hiphop e.g)

Experienced dj's do this with vinyl/cd and can "hear" when songs are in beat....

I know this topic has kinda been dealt with before (thanks spesially to jukesy for a great post!)

What u gotta rememer is that ALL songs (almost) are made of repeating loops... even hiphop, drum&bass etc - but you can't always "hear" all beats - but you can tap them, or dance to them (even the "silent" beats). Thats because modern music (hiphop etc) "removes" a beat or two... But enough theory (jukesy explained that soooo good!)

THIS IS WHAT U NEED TO DO :
(1) Don't rely on the calculated beat from VDJ (it works only on songs that are in perfect 4 by 4 beats, like disco, house etc)
(2) Mark a cue point on the FIRST beat of your favorite hip hop song...(or other song)
(3) Move the computer grid (the big square under the waveform) to that first beat
(4) Loop it by 4 or 8 beats... If it sounds like a perfect loop, you are done! :) if not follow next steps...
(5) If the loop is not a perfect loop - you must manually tap the beat of that song. In 90% of the songs in modern hiphop and alike, u must do this! Tap beat for about 20 seconds..
(6) Go back to cue-point (first beat) and adjust that computergrid (big square) to be under the first beat again.. (because your manual tapping is not perfect)
(7) Loop by 4 or 8... and u got a perfect loop!

THATS ALL ;) NOW U GOT THE RIGHT BMP, AND THE RIGHT COMPUTER GRID TO FIT THE BMP - AND NOW VDJ WORKS PERFECT - AND BEATMIXING THAT SONG WITH OTHER ADJUSTED SONG WORKS LIKE A CHARM! ;)

Hope this will help..... and that I explained myself so that u understand what I mean...

love - Dj in Norway

Inviato Thu 06 May 04 @ 11:34 am
Just to make this point crystal clear ;) lol... u must tap ALL beats .. even the "silent" beats... When u hear a hiphop song, feks Beyonce, tap even the beats you cant hear... Tap in a regular rythm...

Hope u understand what I mean with "silent beats" - kinda hard to explain. But keep in mind that all songs have 4 by 4 beats (almost) in a regual rythm - but in modern music (hip hop) u can't always hear the beats - but u can "feel" them ;)

:)

Inviato Thu 06 May 04 @ 11:38 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Inviato Thu 06 May 04 @ 12:01 pm
Oh... sorry Fruit ;) See u have explained it all before :)
GOOD....

It just seems like a lot of the VDJ expects the program to do ALL for them... complaining about not possible to beatmix etc.. but we both know that a little work with odd songs, will make ALL songs beatmix...

and what the hell - what would be the fun and challenge being DJ be, if there was nothing to do, work with etc :) lol

ANYWAY, thax Fruit... sorry for pointing out the same things that u have allready explained soooo well :)

Dj In Norway

Inviato Thu 06 May 04 @ 12:56 pm
ONE THING MR FRUIT ;) that I did not understand completely in your exelent guide... :
"If you notice that at the end of the song the CBGs have late or advance, edit the BPM and use the arrows to replace correctly the CBGs on the last beats of the song (do this action when the song is playing, so you see in real time the CBGs move to get the correct place). You have to use the BPM arrows and NOT the CBG arrows to place it. "

WHERE ARE THE BMP ARROWS????? That sounds so great, so right... but I can only find CBG arrows.... or am I making a fool of myself now, by not seeing what u mean ;) LOL

Thanx in advance....

dj In norway

Inviato Thu 06 May 04 @ 1:09 pm
OH... I made a fool of my self :) lol... found it.....

Its in the "edit bmp" field....
Would be soooo nice to have those arrows (BMP) in skin, right next to the CBG arrows... for fast and easy adjustment, which u need to do very often at hiphop and other song...

CAN THIS BE DONE IN FUTURE SKINS??? BMP ARROWS & CBG ARROWS (because we all must adjust bmp & cbg for many songs....)

Inviato Thu 06 May 04 @ 1:12 pm

Gotta post ONE MORE post just to give my highest thanx to Fruit ;) EVERYBODY MUST READ FRUIT'S POST....

The adjusting with BMP arrow made the WHOLE song be "in beat"... I had some problems earlier with the CBG getting off beat at the end of song, while beeing perfect in the beginning.. but working a little bit with the BMP arrows, made the CBG stay in beat the whole song! perfect! ;) thanx again Fruit....

Inviato Thu 06 May 04 @ 1:22 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Cool thanks to you I'm glad I could help you. In my Pioneer skin next version, the BPM button will be easily accessable. You have certainly noticed that on some "orchestral songs", the cbg can't feat the beats from beginning to end, even if you found the "good" bpm, but you can loop the song anyway.

Again thanks to you.

FRUiT94

Inviato Thu 06 May 04 @ 2:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)