Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: U46DJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm having a problem with setting up my U46DJ soundcard. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I keep hearing the signal from both tables in my headset. For example, if table 1 playing and is made active (green) and a track is also playing on table 2, I hear both of them in my headset. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Inviato Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 7:37 pm
Could someone that uses a U46DJ souncard please please post their settings? By this I mean
- where do you have your outputs connected? Mix Out or Channel 1 & 2?
- what is the setting in VDJ? 4.1 or Advanced Config?
- what programs are loaded? ASIO 4ALL? The ESI Control Panel?

I just can't figure out how to set up this souncard to work properly, and it's getting pretty annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Inviato Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 11:17 pm
Can anybody offer any help? I've spent hours on end trying to figure things out!!!

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 2:51 am
Sorry no one has helped you, and I will not be your knight in shining armor. I do not have this card, so I will go to the site, and see if I can get some info. A few questions. Is this a laptop or desktop? Are you using an external mixer, and how do you have it connected? I can tell you that the advanced configuration, has some problems. Hang in there.

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 6:06 am
Thank you so much for the reply.

I'm currently using a desktop, with no external mixer. I have my stereo system connected to Output 1 & 2 on the soundcard, and the headphones connected to the headphone jack.

I've tried everything in terms of drivers and such. I tried using the 4.1 souncard setting, and then the advanced setup. But I haven't been able to get things to run right. I know other people are using the U46DJ soundcard, so there must be something that I'm missing.

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 3:15 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I don't have this card but it must be not so difficult to setup if you understand the basics of a multichannel card.
As i'm familliar with these type of cards i'll try to help you now with some generall rules:

1. Don't use other drivers like asio4all as the card has native asio drivers.

2. Dont use the 4.1 option, as far i know this card has multichannel wdm (and asio) drivers.
You should see something like "out 1+2" and "out 3+4" in both wdm and asio modes.
Try to setup vdj using these outputs/ports in advanced setup or 2 cards mode.
The 2 cards mode +headphones (4th icon) must be the best way for you, try also the invert button to swap the outputs (main and headphones) if needed.

3. Usually headphone jack on these cards is routed to the first output pair (1+2)

4. The "Mix Out or Channel 1 & 2" you mention looks like a way to separete the outputs, so the first pair (1+2) is the out from the first audio ports from your audio application, and not the mix of all outs from your internal Esi mixer/control panel, use the "1+2" option instead of "mix".
I hav'nt seen this mixer yet but i know other Esi cards have this option, so it must be the same.

Try these and let me know.

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 3:47 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I think it's the ASIO drivers, this drove me nuts and I gave up on it.

Inviato Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 10:21 pm
Alright so I keep trying all the different configurations. I've tried the 2 souncard mode, and the signal still gets mixed up.

If I go into the advanced setup, I have the option of choosing a whole bunch of soundcards, and as for the speakers selection, I see FR, FL, RR, RL, and Center. And I still can't get a combination in place that will route the signals appropriately.

I'm out of options here, and the last thing I want to do is sell off the U46DJ since I just got it a couple weeks ago. As for looking up other posts, I wish someone could post their exact settings. Otherwise I can be stuck here again trying all sorts of combinations with no luck.

I purchased VDJ with the assumption that U46DJ has been tried and has worked for other users. Otherwise I would've have been a little more reluctant. So again I'm keeping an open mind, and hope to resolve this fast. Any other help would be great. Thanks.

Inviato Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 1:23 am
I have the U46DJ and besides from some timecode issue, I don´t have any problems.

What you are experiencing is problems with the ESI mixer. You must turn of prelistening on the channels. If you don´t know what the hell that is, I advice you to call a techy friend or the store where you bought it. I don´t have the card here, but in my studio where there´s no internet and I will surely forget to check next time I´m there.

But when I hooked up the U46DJ for the first time, I had to make some small changes in the ESI mixer config. It´s really not hard and only takes 5 sec.

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 4:28 pm
Junker Juks,

I bought the U46DJ from eBay. So there's not really anybody I can call for support. What is the ESI mixer config? Is that a software package that I completely overmissed? All I have to work with is the ESI volume control panel, which has no config option for prelistening of channels etc.

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 5:39 pm
Yes, there is more than just the standard windows volume settings. In the ESI mixer you must turn of monitor on the ingoing channels. When I first connected mine, I had the "whuiiiii" sound from the TDVs in the output from VDJ along with the tracks playing in VDJ. When I turned down the monitoring in the ESI mixer it disappeared. Sorry that I cannot have it in front of me while I write and explain it more thoroughly.

But I state again: It´s really ESI as pie (-: - shouldn´t casue you any problems at all.

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 12:23 pm
I just bought the U46DJ and have the same problem. In the prelistening I hear both channels with Virtual DJ PRO = stupid of course.

Did you guy's manage to get out of this f**** problem?

Thanks for the help.

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 8:43 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)