Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV-Hercules Conole (MK1)-Maya 44 Soundcard

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Guys,

Quick question for ya's! When I get the full version on VDJ I'm hopping to have a TCV setuo. My question is if I get the Maya 44 sound card will I still be able to use my hercules console at the same time? Or would it just make more sense to get the MK2 Console. Also which is better in terms of quality and latency - The Maya44 or the Hercules MK2?

Is their any latency issues with TCV?

Thanks in Advance Guys,

Rory

Inviato Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 10:14 pm
Anybody? This is really important guys!!!

Rory

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 1:10 am
HEY ROY,

I'M NEW TO VERTUAL DJ, BUT DID PURCHASE THE MK2. I HAVE ALMOST THE SAME QUESTION.
I TRIED THE TCV ON THE MK2. ALTHOUGH IT'S NICE TO HAVE FOR ALL THE BUTTONS YOU CAN
ACCSESS, AND BEING ABLE TO CONNECT TO AN EXTERNAL MIXER AS I DID, I FEEL THAT THE TIME CODE VINYL FUNCTION COULD BE BETTER. IT'S NOT FEELING JUST
LIKE A TURNTABLE WHEN I SCRATCH. I SAMPLED RANE'S SERATO PROGRAM AND IT'S INTERFACE AND WAS VERY IMPRESSED. I'M LOOKING FOR THAT SAME FEEL ON THE MK2. THE REACTION FROM THE VINYL
ON THE MK2 IS PERTTY GOOD, BUT ON SOME TRACKS IT SOUNDS TOO DIGITAL. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF USING THE MAYA 44 WILL MAKE MY TCV FUNCTION WORK BETTER THAN ON THE MK2.
I HOPE SOMEONE MORE NOLIGABLE THAN ME CAN HELP US.

TONY

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 6:52 am
Thanks Tony. Can you tell me anymore? Whats the Control like? Is it the same kinda sound you get from scratching on the jogwheels? Does the TCV make it easier to control your mix?

Cheers,
Rory

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 10:58 am
Anyone can answer that question? Am I getting this little help because I am a No License user?

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 1:00 am
Me again Rory,

To be honest with you I only have one TCV. I bought one just to try it out, and if I was happy with it, I would purchase a second one, witch I did but still waiting for it.

As far as comparing it with the jog wheel on MK2, I think you will like the feel of it if you’re using it to mix. Feels like a turntable. You can pitch, press the start stop button, pick up the needle, slow the plate down with your fingers, all that stuff you would do on your 1200s, it controls it the same, not bad.

Plus you can use the MK2 buttons along with it as long as you have the needle down on the TCV. I like to use it with the MK2 for a lot of reasons. Specially being able to cue the file quickly while using TCV. As far as scratching, its pretty good but not perfect. The scratching motions you do on TCV transmit alright but the sound is a little weird on some files. Like I said on some files it sounds to digital. When I scratch on a beat, it feels and sounds almost

Like it would on a turntable. But if you scratch on the vocals, some sound a little digital. I use a pavilion note book with the Athlon 64 processor. I have 512 of memory. I don't know if I was to upgrade it to a gig, that it would improve the scratch. Hopefully someone can answer that question for me.

What I recommend is that you buy one TCV and try it out for yourself. But just so you know, you have to upgrade to the pro version of virtual DJ so you can use the TCV. You can sample it with the DJC version but only for five minutes at a time, but would not be able to configure the sound card at low latency mode witch is where the TCV works the best. You can down load the pro version 3.3 for $99.00 on this web site. You will need your MK2 serial # that comes on the installation CD to qualify for the $99.00 price. When I get the second TCV I will test it out and post my opinion on this site.

Take it easy. And I'll look out if you have any more questions.

Tony

Moderated by ACW. Tony Please use caps off so we can read it better and also anyone could think that you are yelling. Tony, Thanks for the help this great comunity!.

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 6:38 am
Cheers Tony. You've helped me out a lot! And I do plan on getting the full version of VDJ as soon as I get the MK2 Console. My MK1 is falling to pieces (jog wheels espescially) and most of the buttons don't really work on it!!!

Like Tony asked, does anyone know if more RAM will make the scratching sound better? Will VDJ Version 4 have all these kind of bugs worked out in it?

Thanks Again,

RoRy

PS: Which has better latency, MK2 Console of Maya44?

Inviato Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 12:58 pm
Come one people!! A bita help would be nice!!!

Inviato Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 11:01 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Better latency... M-Audio Delta 44 PCI.. hehe...

I bet for the Maya 44 USB, I think MK2 has more latency but I really don't know... sorry. I'm sure both give you the chance o use TCVs, but you need VDJ Pro to get all the functionality you need.

Inviato Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 5:48 am
Don't worry I'll be getting the full version as soon as I know everything works they way I want it!!!

Inviato Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 1:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)