Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Should I buy This Mixer?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello......I have read 6 pages here in this hardware forum under "Numark Mixers"...I am in the market for a mixer, I have been looking at the Numark CM200USB.....I have VDJ Pro, a Dell XPS Laptop and the DAC3 Controller.

The theory is that this mixer has built in audio, so I will not need a soundcard, if I use this mixer, I will not need an external soundcard like the MAYA44usb, is this correct? Right now I do not have a mixer, only the MK2, But I want to go with a rack mount mixer....is this one ok??

Inviato Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 4:36 pm
Hi Mzack,

About this mixer, I have used the non-USB version (the CM200) and was very pleased with its performance and ease of use. It is somewhat lightweight (and very compact) for an all-metal, rack-mount mixer. It is well built, sturdy, and quite versatile. The LED vu-meters are very accurate and useful when ajusting gains and EQ's. You'll wonder how you ever worked without them!

As for the USB part, it would be logical that you can use the USB inputs with VDJ, so you wouldn't need an external sound card. Of course, I have not tried this. But, since the mixer requires no special drivers in Windows XP, then I suppose it's plug and play like the XP-10's sound card. Try getting in touch with the people at Numark.com for specific technical questions regarding USB.

When shopping, make sure your computer has enough USB ports to connect your DAC-3, the mixer's 2 sound cards, and any other device you may need (e.g. mouse, external drive...)

Be carefull, however: I don't think you can use this mixer to drive the VDJ software using Time Coded Vinyls, whereas the MAYA44 is the soundcard of choice for this task. If someone managed to use the CM200USB mixer to drive the software with TCV, please share your experience with us, I'm interested :O)

Internodal.

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 10:00 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for the information....I did get the mixer, it is coming in a few days, I did read that the mixer will not work with TCV or TCCD. I would imagine if I wanted to use that in the future I would need to upgrade. My computer has "4" high speed USB ports on it, all will be used: DAC3, MIXER, HARD DRIVE & MOUSE......I hope the computer does not crash.....LOL!!

I suppose I could ahve went with the MAYA 44USB and the CM200, but I figured the "all in 1 mixer/soundcard set up would be the way to go....Since Im new at all of this I suppose a lot is trial and error, and its good to get information from the VDJ Community, so thanks again for responding...I will let everyone know how things go in a few days......keeping my fingers crossed!!

MZACK

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 6:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)