Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video is "garbled" [half solved]

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've got alot of music videos that I've ripped over the years. Some of them play fine, others cause VDJ to show my "if video is not present" graphic, and the audio is garbled.

Here's the specs on one such file:
MPEG-1
44,100Hz Stereo
352 x 240 x 32, 29.97 FPS
Streams: 2

Any idea why it doesn't play??

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 9:11 am
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what are you settings for mpg file extensions? internal of external codec?

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 2:49 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
on the ones that dont play, do they play in media player? Care to link to one that doesnt play, and perhaps someone can see if it plays on their setup..?

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 2:50 pm
mpg extension settings are set to the default.
I have alot of files that do play okay, and alot that do not.
All play fine in Windows Media Player, Vegas Video, etc.

BOTH the files that DO play and those that DO NOT play
show the same properties:

Type: MainConcept MPEG-1
Streams: 2
Audio: 44,200 Hz, Stereo
Video: 352x240x32, 29.970 fps

Here's a sound clip of how the file sounds when played: www.specialtysound.com/vdj/BadFile.mp3
Here's a link to a file that does not play: www.specialtysound.com/vdj/BadFile.mpg

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 4:05 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I get the same thing with some video's.
The only solution I have found is to rip the DVD's again. Or try re-encoding them?

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 11:34 pm
Is there anyone from virtualdj that can comment on this issue? I'd rather not have to re-rip half of my collection.

Inviato Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 7:07 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You're right there is a garble sound with the internal video decoder of VirtualDJ but it perfectly works if you select the "windows media player video decoder" for.mpeg instead of the "video decoder"

I'm going to send the file to the dev deam to see what is the problem in the video decoder

Regards

Inviato Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 6:06 pm
Switching the Video codec to "Windows Media Player" eliminated the garbled output, but it does lock up Virtual DJ for 3 - 5 seconds when I load a video onto a deck, sometimes causing the other deck to skip.

Any thoughts on that??

Inviato Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 6:08 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I don't have this problem djtommye

Inviato Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 5:53 pm
watch your cpu usage when this happens. It sounds like its is maxing out your processor. Two things are required for using vob format successfully, (1) a high quality video card and processor and (2) a hard drive ( i prefer a RAID) that is capable of sustained high transfer rates. I use two RAID 0 setups for my system. One is a two disk SATA II RAID 0 for the OS and VDJ. The other is a 4 disk SATA II RAID 0 for the music/video. Its sustained transfer rate far exceeds what the computer could ever hope require for running multiple videos. I have successfully used VDJ with two videos loading with one running and also have windows media player running a third video without any issues.

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 7:30 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

The problem is in the RAM or CPU instead of the HD... The recomendation made by kamakuakane are very good to improve performance, but your problem seems to me that is because of your CPU or your RAM speed.

When we use WMP as our video decoder we have to wait until the video is fully loaded, because if you don't, the system will freeze and respond more slowly too.

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 7:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)