Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Soundcard Config. Help Please

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a USB Mixer with "2" usb's, each having a soundcard, my question is how do I configure that in the settings to use "left" deck one mixer channel and "right" deck the other mixer channel, and at the same time use the headphones to cue up the next deck??

Thanks

Inviato Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 2:51 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
this isn't possible with VirtualDJ djcontrol/djconsole mk2 Edition.

Inviato Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 3:32 pm
I will not be using the MK2, I have a DAC3 Controller coming in a few days, I aslo have an external mixer with 2 soundcards built in, I owuld imagine I have to use the "Advance" seetings but not sure what to put left deck at or right deck, or headphones??

I appoligize, I should have been more specific in my post, on another note, the mannual I downloaded is not very specific to souncard configurations, I have been searching these forums for information on specific set ups, and have had no luck....Pleaase forgive me for the "double post" I assumed this was not "Illegal" here at VDJ.....OOPS!!!

Inviato Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 3:40 pm
djjvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Guys, It looks like I'm not the only one with the soundcard problem. I have a emagic 2/6, I can only
connect 2 channels (left & right to my mixer), the other 4 do not receive and signals. The photo
in the user guide shows 3 soundcards, do I need to use 3 soundcards, (one for player1, one for player 2, and one for the headphone). I work with a laptop and a mixer with 4 channels. Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Inviato Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 12:49 am
I kind of figured things out on my own......here is what I did, Im not sure if you have a similar set up but this is what I had to do

Im using a Numark 5 channel mixer, model # CM200SUB...channel 3 and 4 on the mixer are set to USB Mode, there are "2" usb cables that are connected from the mixer to my computer, channel 3 is the left deck, channel 4 is the right deck....I can use the fader on my mixer to go between 3 and 4, the numark has "2" built in sound cards that windows recognized and it was plug and play after I figured out the soundcard config set up...The headphunes on my mixer work also, I can pick what channel I want to cue up, or select "Mix" and hear them all at once......

Im using the one that has 2 green cables coming out of it going to the mixer, I thing its the 4th one up from the bottom...

I use the other channels for CD PLayers, it works good, at least for me......

I hope I answered your question, if not please let me know....

Inviato Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 4:08 am
So MZACK, are the soundcards in the Numark model # CM200usb ASIO or full duplex? That makes me to thinking IF they are full duplex ,will my Final Scratch Verion 1 (UFO round) scratch-amp work with Virtual DJ (btw,I downloaded the demo,great features!)?
Which brings me to another question...If it doesn't work with that scratch-amp, what if I use ASIO4ALL software on the same Final Scracth version 1 scratch-amp,would VIRTUAL DJ then recognize / accept that? Hey,Thanks!

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 8:25 am
dyvinesol....Ok you blew me away there for a minute, Im not quit sure what the answer is but here is the number for Tech. Support of Numark...401-658-3131, they helped me a lot with the set up.....Im not familiar with the Final Scratch Sotftware either....basically Im no help here, but what I do know is I CANT use this mixers soundcards for the Time Coded Vinyl or Time Coded CD's in VDJ, Im not sure if that helps either but hey Im trying ........LOL!!!

I hope someone else will have the YES or NO answers for ya, These questions are kinda over my head....sorry!!

Inviato Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 4:15 am
djjvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi MZACK, I am using a Pioneer DJM3000 without USB, so I really don't know what to do. I have also encounted another problem. I can only open the VDJ when I'm online otherwise it just dosen't open up, anyone know anything about this problem, may be the tech team can answer this one. I bought the pro version online and downloaded it.
Thanks
djjv

Inviato Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 9:41 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

The Numark CM200USB can mix USB sound signal in their Channel 3 and 4. You cannout use Channel 1 and 2 to RECORD and at the same time got out the signal thru the internal soundcards in thier channel 3 and 4. This is the main reason You cannot use this for TCVs. However, we can change this connections doing a modification in the Mixer (a modification that need technician assistance).

Anyway, you can use the CM 200USB without TCVs and using their 2 internal USB soundcards to get VDJ working good.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 3:48 am
acw_dj.......Thnaks for the information, I do have it working ok through channels 3 and 4, and if I want to use TCCD I go through my MK2 to channel 1 and 2, so I just have another piece of equipment to hook up, it works pretty good but would be intersted in the wiring modification........thanks!

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 3:55 pm
hpwl001Home userMember since 2006
Hi all, was wondering what soundcard would be good to use for the timecoded Vinyl option, I have an X-station but unfortunately there are not enough channels. I want to set up my decks to be able to play
mp3 and also vinyl through my mixer. Be good to here what configurations give good results.

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 11:55 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The wiring modification:

Channel 1 and 2 from CM200USB must be the INPUT channel for your Current soundcards and 3 and 4 must me the output channels. If you do so, you could use it with ASIO4ALL and TCVs in theory.

Good Luck!

hpwl001, you can get a M-Audio Delta 44 PCI or a Creative X-Fi platinum to use with TCVs. But If you are not going to use TCVs you could use any 4.1 or better soundcard.

Inviato Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 9:00 am
MZACK (Mark),
How is the USB mixer working out for you?
How would you rate the sound quality?
Is it better/worse than an external soundcard like MAYA44 or ESI U46DJ?

Inviato Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 8:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)