Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VGA Display Splitter /

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have 2 vid cards one in pci and other in pci E slot - both ATI Radeon.
external VGA splitter works fine on pci card but freezes entire system on pci E card - any ideas ?
davefromlondon

Inviato Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 6:19 pm
I'll bite... WHY IN THE HECK....

What is the purpose of the PCI video card?!?!?!

Your PCI E card should have DUAL output and if you are like most people... a VIDEO output...

ATI in PCIE is odd choice, however, as NVidia developed the source (as I understand)...

PCI SHOULD make your computer say, "What the F*@K are you thinking..." In my opinion...

Pull that PCI card, put it in your mother's computer and just deal what your PCIE ONLY.

Inviato Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 5:46 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
doing anything demanding with a PCI graphics card in a modern system is asking for trouble. most notably in this case because you have a system that has both PCI and PCIE meaning that the PCI bus will be tacked on the side, probably via the northbridge instead of a dedicated bus for convenience and not be up to the job.

dont think nvidia made PCIE, it was a standard created by a large consortium of bodies i think. ATI PCIE cards should work just as well as nvidia. aside from ATI drivers are crap lol (i know ive got one :P)

Inviato Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 7:05 am
Reason for 2 cards: I want 4 head / 4 seperate monitors ( 1 for vdj, 2 LCD 21" screen for video and 1 video projector - I want the ability to pun different feeds on each monitor. I cant find a 4 head PCI E vid card . Ideally I would buy a custom motherboard with 2 x pci E slots but I just have 1 pci E slot so must use PCI. PCI works good for vdj - I run video via the PCI E cards. By the way - I tried 2 x nvidia cards and they froze the system - ATI worked 1st time

Inviato Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 12:46 am
davefromlondon,
you could try the new asus motherboard, P5WD2-E Premium, it has dual pcie slots. You can most likely use these two slots seperately if you buy cards that don't support ati's crossfire.

Inviato Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 4:24 am
i also just found the matrox 4 head pci express card at $800 - I think I'll keep my ati pci E 2 head and my ati pci 2 head - I can clone ACCROSS the 2 cards so I run projector from 1 pci E head and a splitter to 2 LCD pannel from the other pci E head - I run VDJ from the pci head

Inviato Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 8:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)