Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Get Down's Setup

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, I am interested in getting a setup that is similar to DJ Get Down's setup in that video. I would like to be able to load songs from the computer to turntables, and be able to mix and scratch. I was wondering if anyone knew what all he is using. Also, all of this stuff will more than likely never leave my house, so I was also wondering if there is a cheaper alternative to his setup. I have seen the Hercules package, and it looks like it would work, but I would really like turntables. Thanks

Inviato Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 6:26 pm
MetaGPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What you want to get to do what he is doing is
Fisrst the virtual DJ software
2 time coded records
and then a sound card
The virtual Dj "listens" to the sound coming in off the turntables and as you scratch speed up or slowdown it does this to the sng that is playing
i hope that answered your question

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 2:32 am
Well I don't have anything at the moment. Can I buy any turntables and put the time coded records on there and hook it up to the Virtual DJ and it will work?

Sorry if I sound like a noob. I don't know very much about this and am trying to learn.

Inviato Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 9:06 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

You need direct drive turntable to work better for DJing.

Use of turntables isn't cheap. You need to buy cartdriges and stylus too. Also an external mixer. but you need VDJ pro first and an ASIO Soundcard with 2 STEREO LINE INPUTS too.

You can search in the forum and have more info about all of these.

Good Luck!

Inviato Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 12:00 am
I wouldn't buy turntables just because it looks cool though. IF you do not have any real vinyl your better to stick with CD decks. you can get some fairly big cd decks with the control of turntables like the Numark CDx and the Pioneer CDJ800 and Denon 3500 but these are all pricy I know.

If your looking for a cheap alternative....there is none. you buy cheap you get cheap and you can only be as good as what your equipment will offer.

Here is a list of what you would need for the TCV

1 or 2 TTs (direct drive prefered otherwise you'd be complaining about bad scratching and bad fluctuations) (1 TT would work too with the use of the timecode active shortcut)
1 mixer (any mixer can work with VDJ)
1 ASIO soundcard with 2 stereo ins and 2 stereo outs (ESI U46DJ or Maya 44USB are the recommended cards on these forums from many users)
1 PC 1.2GHz (or faster recommended) with minimum of 512MB of ram (recommended 1 GB) running Virtual DJ Pro and you will of course need 2 Virtual DJ TCV to work right.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 4:25 am
Thank you all for your help. I think more than likely, now that I have all this information, I am probably going to get the MK2. The whole turntable thing sounds too complicated and expensive.

Inviato Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 3:34 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Holy Cow,

The DJConsole MK2 is a very good option for you then...

Good Luck! and hope to see you soon as a full member...

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 3:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)