Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: California Club DJ's

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anyone using Virtual Dj at your local club? If so, which one? I've seen more and more DJ's migrate towards the laptop thing, but unfortunately, I haven't seen VDJ used around here.

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 3:11 am
As a matter of fact, I use VDJ in clubs here in Orange County, California, twice a week. Every friday at the Bellagio, for Classique (www.clubclassique.com) and every saturday at Can Club for After Dawn (website www.clubafterdawn.com coming soon).

I use it with timecoded CDs and a laptop, works great (so far).

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 7:11 pm
I DJ a lot of clubs around Orange County/Hollywood as well. e-motion would be the only guy I've ever seen DJ a club with VDJ (other than myself).

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 12:34 am
@E-motion: What do you mainly spin & what type of setup(s) do you have at your clubs? I'm not to far from O.C., in Downey... gotta check you out some day, live.

@anewsome: Where you spinning at? Most places we go are using vinyl or SSL. Hollywood get's live. I used spin that way in the early 90's, the underground scene (moslty house music). Last few years I've been doing mostly weddings... I'm starting to cut back because it's starting to feel too much like a job.

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 2:41 am
Whassup chabonk. Did you ever sell those xp10s? Most of my club gigs are in Hollywood but I am starting to do more stuff in Orange County. I spin the club Basque @ Holywood & Vine the 3rd Sunday of every month too (dark this month because it's Easter). I was spinning ICE in north hollywood for a while but found the reputation of the place had gone downhill since the murder. I'm also booked to do video mixing at The Fox Sports Grill @ Irvine Spectrum every Friday night through the Summer, which is why I REALLY NEED to get a working video mixing computer. I've been unsuccesful so far. I've also been doing a number of gigs at The Friars Club of Beverly Hills, that's a private club though so you need to be a member to get in. Anaheim Angels postgame parties are always a lot of fun, usually any Friday or Saturday night home game for the Angels, I do the post party for that. We're also starting a new club that will run all summer, Saturday nights at the Newport Beach Tennis Club. Oh yeah, and I have a few dates at club Sutra booked too. Oh, and am I spinning the OFFICIAL Tito Ortiz UFC afterparty next Saturday night.

And chabonk, you'd be right. I don't know of a single club in Hollywood where the DJ is *not* using SSL. The coverage is pretty thick, that's for sure.

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 8:34 pm

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 8:35 pm
lganHome userMember since 2006
:o Good Space =)

Inviato Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 12:05 am
Chabonk,

I spin progressive house and progressive trance if I play early, otherwise trance / vocal trance if I play later on... This last friday I was playing before Swedish Egil and Eve Falcon, next friday I'll be playing before Swedish Egil and Interstate / Mark Lewis. You can check my website www.djemotion.com and also www.myspace.com/e_motion

Setup is 2 Pioneer CDJ-1000 with TCCDs, emu 1616m soundcard, Dell Inspiron 9300, and Ecler Nuo 4 Midi mixer. I would like to mix videos also but right now it's only ok if you do 100% videos and no audio only mixing, 'cause there's a problem with hardware acceleration, so alternating between audio only and video really screws everything up. I just don't have enough videos to do a 2 hour set of videos only.

Inviato Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 6:00 am
Anewsome, sold my xp10's to a cat in New York. They were nice, just didn't feel right (I'm all over time code though). Hey, looks like you've been keeping busy! That UFC fight is gonna be dope ...Fox Sports Grill @ Irvine Spectrum is nice. Hope you get the video thing working.

e-motion - What's it like working with the Swedish Egil? He's been at it a long time. Is he still running groove radio? If my memory serves me right, he used to play @ Peppers (Artesia) KROQ flashback nights a few years back....hmm I think that was him.

Inviato Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 1:33 am
Chabonk,

Egil is an awesome guy, very nice personality, very enthusiastic and very professional, and a great DJ also, so needless to say, always a pleasure to work with him.

Yes he still runs Grooveradio.com, which gets like 40,000 hits a month. Actually he's a very busy guy around L.A. and he gets major gigs quite frequently, so from where I stand, he's doing very good. What I like about him is his passion for my type of music, which is something I always appreciate since that's the only reason I started DJing...

Inviato Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 9:21 pm
I use VDJ at a couple clubs in Woodland hills. I run a Karaoke company though, so most of my residencies are Karaoke...but I use the Hercules to beatmix out of the Karaoke song to keep people on the dance floor. I encourage upbeat karaoke songs at my Karaoke show. Note, however, that I do not use Virtual DJ to do the Karaoke. It's too clunky still. I'm the Back-Up Dj at most places that I do Karaoke, however, so if their regular gets sick or whatever I'll fill in. I use both SSL and VDJ, depending on how much space I have to set up, etc.

One of my employees is the resident DJ at Miyagis in Hollywood, and since they don't have the right liscensing for a true DJ, he just uses the Hercules MKII to DJ there on Friday and Saturday Nights. You can check him out there any time after 9pm.

Inviato Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 11:00 pm
Any of you So-Cals are welcome to come thru Sutra in Newport Beach on Thursday night. Without a doubt, the hottest club in Orange County. I'll be spinning on Thursday night.

Oh, and yes that Tito Ortiz UFC after party is going to be ridiculous this weekend.

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 12:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)