Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ not opening [fixed]

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey i have a problem i recently rofromated my computer and put it in my basement its getting wireles internet from a diff computer in the house so there all sharing the internet..... so i reinstalled from this site vdj 3.4 but whenever i click on it twice it never opens it only is dropped down on the screen and i asked the help and they dont really say anything and i also reinstalled it a couple of times but it didnt work i dont know what to do anymore.

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 8:51 pm
kookyHome userMember since 2004
U MUST CHICK UR SR NUBER

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 8:54 pm
The turk,
this problem could be caused by your screen resolution. If your screen is set to 600*800, vdj will not start. Set your screen at at least 1024*768 to start properly.
Ewout

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:04 pm
i did i put the code in all the times i installed it i put the code they gave me when i bought it its there but it just doesnt open unless i go into my properties manegement in my computer Ctrl+Alt+Del i click on maximise its shows up but some of it is cut off of the program and you cant go into the menu in the program or anything

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:07 pm
@Superstorm how do i change the screen resolution? your probably right tho my screen is pretty small

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:11 pm
Control panal>appearence and themes>display>settings

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:14 pm
Thanks ill try it when i get home

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:19 pm
I has this same exact problem on a new computer that I was building for VDJ. I formatted the hard drive and installed VDJ fresh. When starting VDJ it never opens up. No error or anything, VDJ just minimizes into the taskbar. When you click on the item in the taskbar nothing happens. I never figured it out though and just gave up. Sounds like me and turk ran into the same problem, except nothing was wrong with my resolution.

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 10:01 pm
ok mine works now thanks guys for your help

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 10:28 pm
@The Turk: Youre welcome, glad it works again..

@anewsome, do you know for sure you don't have set up your display to 800*600. After installation of Windows it often is set to 640*480 or 800*600 automatically. This issue was rised already a few times, that's why I did know the solution. What also could be the trouble is that a skin is referred in the registry, but that skin is not in the VDJ installation folder or installed (new skins need to be installed).
Ewout

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 11:00 pm

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 11:56 pm
I'm pretty sure it was set to 1024x768. It wasn't a skin problem, it was a fresh installtion of Windows and VDJ. It wasn't an accerlation issue either, since VDJ had never once been opened (fresh install) in order to activate the hardware acceleration. This was a desktop PC that I had around the house. I've put it back on the shelf anyway, so I'm not messing with it anymore.

And yes, I've still yet to get hardware acceleration working for any of my laptops. The advice given on this forum that hardware acceleration would work with the Nvidia display adapter was wrong. It didn't. Anyway, that notebook got stolen so I'm buying a new one tomorrow, this time with ATI highest end graphics available in the Dell laptop. That has been confirmed to work with VDJ hardware acceleration for playing music videos. I guess I'll find out when I get the new laptop tomorrow. I have to DJ music videos next FRIDAY! and I still don't have a working rig.

Also, I'm hoping the new version of VDJ handles the 48Khz audio in the DVD video files better than when I last tried it and the audio sounded tinny and ridiculous.

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 1:18 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)