Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cant install my DJ Control MP3 :-(

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hello.
im posting this message to see if someone can help me, specially if they faced the same problem im facing.

my hercules dj control mp3 stopped working 2 weeks ago, apparently for no reason. i was using it in the morning and some hours later it wasnt being detected by virtual dj anymore. i connected it to the usb port and all the lights were on but i couldnt use it.
i first uninstalled the drivers and tried to install them again but, when the setup asked to connect the dj control to my pc it just wasnt detecting it, the windows notified me of a new hardware installation (Wt6563 was the device name). because the dj control wasnt detected i had to terminate the installation process, damaging the installation, since i cant uninstall the drivers now. this happend in a new hard drive i bought. in the old one, i deleted some registry entries and i could install the drivers again but the same thing happend again.

i also tried to install it on another computer and the same thing as above happend.

hope i made myself clear
thx (and sorry for my english)

Inviato Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 12:57 am
have you done a firmware update lately, with the updated drivers from Hercules?

Inviato Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 3:11 am
no, never did such thing.

Inviato Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 2:06 pm
I really dont know why Windows detects it as a "Wt6563" on several pcs

That indicates there migth be something wrong with the unit (since you have the same problem on more than one pc)

I would contact Hercules support and get their help. They probably know a lot better what the issue can be...

www.hercules.com

Inviato Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 2:29 pm
i contacted them and none of anything they told me to do worked... =|
thx for the help anyway

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 1:05 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
just go to the store and bring a new product at home :)
my friend bought it right after me (1st edition) and had the same problem when he tryed first time to connect it. Thant's why is guarantee ;)

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 3:06 pm
it is a "joystick" controller in fact, the whole hercules is just a weird joystick.
It's the "chipset" that's being identified and looks like the internal vendor id is corrupted.
But I think it's servicable, it needs just a service with special firmware update that will ignore the vendor id.

details about circuit
http://www.weltrend.com/product/gamingusb/wt6563.htm

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 4:29 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
my friend was told that it could be repaired, but you will wait looong time to get your console back. You can ask for new console in shop.

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 4:43 pm
i went to the shop where it has been bought.. they installed it there and it worked correctly. they also said that the problem could be in the usb cable (they installed it there with a new one since i didnt take mine), so i bought a new one. i came home, i tried to install on 2 different computers and again it has the same problem.. i really dont know where the problem is. my pc's usb ports are ok since i use them with other devices.
thx for the help thou

Inviato Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 11:25 pm
basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yeah i have the same problem but only on my main PC, works fine on my laptop. I have tried installing/uninstalling drivers etc, just completely refuses to detect the console.

Be sure to post if you make any progress and ill do the same.

Inviato Tue 02 May 06 @ 6:04 pm
Here's the toll-free support phone # for Hercules:

(866) 889-9911

Hope this helps you.

Inviato Wed 03 May 06 @ 3:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)