Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Wedding Gig Coming Up....Suggestions!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey everyone....I have an "informal" wedding to do in July, I have the software and hardware and music down pat! My question is lighting, I have none and want to get some but uncertain of what to get?

Analog or "smart" lighting choices, whats easier or better, I know VDJ does control lighting, butI have a budget of under 1,000 dollars so the Martins or those types I think are out of the question

Can anyone sugest some fairly inexpensive lighting packages or choices, I have looked through the post over and over but was unsuccesful........thanks

MZACK

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 12:42 pm
Pick up the Martin Acrobat. It's amazing not just for the money, but the programming aspect with or without DMX will more than do what you need. I use 2 Acrobats for a wedding, great slow dance effect and awesome for fast pace stuff too. During the holidays you can emulate snowflakes falling down, just plain awesome. You can pick this light up in the states about $340 new for each one, good luck.

Charles
www.thedjexperience.com

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 1:05 pm
Awesome.....thanks so much, I was worried about slow dance, fast dance...I want to concentrate on music without having to worry too much about lights....I will deffinetly check these out...SWEET!!

:)

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 1:13 pm
Ihave the opportunity to get 2 of these with a controller for 800 new.......

should i need 2 or will 1 work ok with a controller for 500??

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 11:34 pm
another choice, of course they are not as good as the Martin lightning but consider chauvete or american dj lightning, you can have a set of 4 150 watt scans with controller for under $1,000.00

Inviato Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 12:13 am
MUSIKGUATE....I saw your blog....nice pics of the club...looks awesome!!

Thanks for the sugestions, I happened to get 2 Martin Acrobat fixtures with the MC1 Controller for 800, compared to the prices locally here in New York...ebay was a WAY better!!

This will be the first time I had lights added to my gigs, so Im excited about that....thanks everyone for your help and sugestions.....:)

MZACK

Inviato Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 2:48 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wedding disco? Keep it old school: infinity screens, rope lights, pin spots and maybe one of those "police siren" type spinning ones.... ;-)

Inviato Sat 29 Apr 06 @ 11:16 am
rent a lcd projector and play the slide show of all there wedding and family pics and stuff behind you. in reality , doi9ng a wedding you can get away with anything.rent return, collect money to pass go. i can rent here totall rig for 600$ lights, powered speakers, wireless , mixer all cables gaff tape. so if you get stuck message me.

Inviato Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 6:01 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)