Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VOB Files Won't Play

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I created vob files using smartripper and VDJ's ripdvd, but neither will play when loaded onto the decks. It'll read "error" at the deck(s), instead of the file name. I loaded an mpg file made using Pinnacle Studio 9, and that worked fine. Am I overlooking something?

Inviato Wed 03 May 06 @ 11:37 am
have you set VDJ to recognize .vob's?

you can check by going to config > extensions
if you dont see .vob there - add it. Use the native 'video decoder'

I hope that helps

Inviato Wed 03 May 06 @ 8:06 pm
What are the sources of these videos? PromoOnly, TM Century, or what?

Inviato Wed 03 May 06 @ 9:04 pm
vob is already there, using video decoder. The vob files were taken from a dvd movie. The mpg file was from a home movie, dv format, then captured by Pinnacle Studio 9.

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 3:50 am
There are some formats that VDJ will not play. Some store bought DVDs, and even some pro versions. I know, because I have some. I forgot exactly what the problem was, but I think it's way they were encoded. There is a post around here somewhere, with better info on that.

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 9:50 am
Not sure if Virtual DJ is capable of playing back VOB files that are encoded with a DSS key. My guess is no. If the original DVDs were DSS-Encrypted or Macrovisioned, this could be the cause. Supposedly, SmartRipper can be set to extract VOB files from a DVD in such a way that the DSS/Macrovision is disabled in the resulting VOB file. I also recommend AnyDVD from SlySoft.

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 3:40 pm
Could you use DVD Decrypter for something like that?

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 9:24 pm
Yes you can, but I have also had problems where some things play and some things won't. I usually just use an external decoder which solves that problem. (Also solved the crappy sound you get with 48khz encoded audio.)

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 10:08 pm
Thanks to all for replying. Well, originally I tried ripping the video from a dvd, on which I used a DVD Shrink/AnyDVD combo, so there shouldn't have been any macrovision or any other type of protection involved. I also tried smartripper, with DeMacrovision checked, and anydvd on a different dvd movie. Didn't work. Finally, I tried a DVD Decrypter/Anydvd combo. The resulting vob file STILL gave me the same error message. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Inviato Sat 06 May 06 @ 10:20 pm
Download the K-Lite or ACE-Mega codec packs and set Virtual DJ to use the Windows Media Decoder instead of the internal decoder for VOB files. It may take slightly longer to load the file, but it should play.

Inviato Mon 08 May 06 @ 12:31 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If the original dvd was not recorded in PCM audio it will not play as a vob.
If you rip and compress to mpeg it resamples the vob allowing it to play only as a mpeg.

Inviato Mon 08 May 06 @ 1:30 am
OK, so which software will allow me to do that, mp3jrick?

Inviato Mon 08 May 06 @ 5:43 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Imtoo mpeg encoder will do that, it will also let you resample to 44.1 as well

Inviato Mon 08 May 06 @ 5:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)