Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problems with DUST. Any advise? (Time-coded vinyl)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

unkellHome userMember since 2006
Does anybody else have problems with dust building up under the needle when using time coded vinyl?

It is not like a regular vinyl when u might get slightly distorted sound, it is a huge problem because VDJ reads bad time code information and the song's pitch and speed gets messed up in a really terrible way.

There is really nothing you can do about while the song is playing either because you would have to lift the needle and pull out the dust.

Is this only a problem that I have been having, because it happens to me alot and its very scary during gigs. I have bought a special dust collecting cloth that I wipe my TCV's with before I play a song, but sometimes dust floats onto the record while the song is playing,

Does anybody have any advise or a shared experience on how to deal with this crazy problem?

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 7:18 am
Still trial version ?

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 8:39 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
maybe they format every 30 days.........................lol

how about clean your vinyls and you wont have that problem

if you want to be able to take of the needle if some dust build up, set a shortcut to activate timecode deactivate function so you can remove the dust and get back to it

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 11:21 pm
Those of us who have used Vinyl for years are familiar with dust problems or fluff problems - also scratches.

There used to be some anti-static liquids that could be applied to records, but I never used them myself.

At the end of the day, cleanliness is vital, but with Vinyl, eventually some problem is likely to come up. Soyou have to have enough front to minimise / cover up problems and move on.

The problem is probably due to not buying license for VDJ. It's a well known fact that unlicensed or trial software attracts dust ;)

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 11:56 pm
unkellHome userMember since 2006
Hahaha, thats hillarious. I do have a licence, I just had problems registering on this site.

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 7:50 pm

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:04 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
what problems do you have?

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:30 pm
@ Unkell

No disrespect meant, man - just for a laugh

Asymptote

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 9:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)