Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Getting frustrated. "internal Data base error"

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok so I got this message, "INTERNAL DATA BASE ERROR" spent 2 1/2 days rescanning my files only for the problem to come back again.
I opened up the data base and I see that it says the following

"An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource "file/// C:/Programs Files/VirturalDJ Dat.....

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 2:43 pm
Upload your database to www.yousendit.org and put the link in here. XML requires ascii codes for characters like & and that's probably the problem. Hopefully wouldn't take long to fix.

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 3:17 pm
what email address do you want me to send it to.

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 3:29 pm
It works without putting one in. But I'll add my e-mail to my blog just in case.

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 3:35 pm

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 3:40 pm
OK, the problem was some of your songs have characters which are illegal to the latte (not ascii, I made a mistake in the previous post) naming convention. This is probably where you have aquired certain tracks and not renamed the file or id3 tags to remove the group although there were some other odd characters too.

Finally, the database was truncated and was missing at least two lines, possibly even hundreds of more songs it's impossible for me to tell. Anyway I tidied up the database and it should work now as it's entirely xml legal.

http://download.yousendit.com/B8D9DB7075886362

Included in the zip file is a file called Problemlist.txt make sure to open that to see which files you need to rename and retag. Usually the illegal character looks like an apostrophe but is not one. I think these are French language characters, as there are some dots above certain letters too, you need to replace these with standard English characters. The last problem file doesn't need to be renamed, it's just odd that the database truncated itself early.

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 4:23 pm
Andrew, Thank you for time on this. When I get home I will try it out and rename those files. Once again thank you.

Inviato Thu 04 May 06 @ 8:43 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)