Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Disabling the waveform?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This topic has probably been discussed before but I couldnt find it in the search.

Is it true that if an option to disable the waveforms displayed across the top, it would improve cpu usage and free up ram? If yes, why can't this be incorporated. I'm sure there are many who find it very useful and also others who feel like its cheating. In this way, it would make both parties happy.

I think I've come across someone mentioning changing skin to one that doesn't have the waveform displaying.... Is there a recent skin with whats mentioned that looks half decent that anyone uses?

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 1:08 am
Dunno if it really improve cpu usage or ram.

The way to do it is with a SKIN without the wave or modifying the current skin.

I did it for v.3.3, maybe I can do it again for 3.4 if I have some free time.
(private me if you don't know how to do it)

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 10:36 am
the waveform disabling is possible when you delete the rhythm te´xt in xml file or you need pannels. you can show and hide the waveform

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 10:42 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 12:43 pm
I like the Pioneer CDJ 700S skin precisely because it has this option easily accessible... In that skin, there is a bar on the top of the waveform with various buttons... The one on the far right toggles the waveform first to different colors, then to no waveform at all. Very good for practicing -- actually I find the waveform distracting at times, sometimes it's easier to hear the beat if it's not on the screen, especially if it's not correct!! :) You can also turn off the BPM meters... see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/49556/Software_Technical_Support/A_skin_without_bpm_counter__does_it_exist___.html

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 6:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)