Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Favoured house music websites & external mixer set up

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,
Anybody got any recommendations for websites to get the best house tunes from? I'm currently using Juno.co.uk which seems excellent.

Also, if anyone has any pictures of the correct connections to set up a Technics SH-DJ1200 Mixer to a Dell PCI 5.1 soundcard? Or at least a step by step guide it would be appreciated.

I may be stupid but I've tried loads of combinations and can't seem to get it right. If the crossfader works, the amp sounds awful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

J

Inviato Sat 13 May 06 @ 1:32 am
well you can always go to a good record store and listen for countless hours to records to decide what sounds good and actually buy each individual song with 2 may 4 versions on the single 12 inch record. Then go and record these tracks into your computer and clean up any problems with the pops and crack sounds. Then encode to a high bitrate mp3. ... I am sorry that is how we used to do it back in the day minus the recording it into a computer and encoding to a mp3 format and then giving it away to the masses via file sharing. At one point a DJ's music collection was as unique as the DJ. Now anyone ... and I mean ANYONE can be a DJ with the right software, website to get music and a tutorials of how to do everything handed to you --- sigh --- I guess those days of actual record shopping and learning on your own are gone...

Inviato Mon 15 May 06 @ 2:04 am
IMHO Traxsource.com is the best place to get house music digitaly. You can downoad either 192 KBPS or
320 KBPS tracks and they get new labels everyweek. Check it out. You also have clubshelter.com for Restricted Access tracks and there is Dancetracks Digital.com but I never bought anything from them.

Low-fat.. Yeah I remeber the days spending hours at the record store looking for the hot tracks. There is nothing like it but I think the new way is fine especially for a person like me who doesn't have the time to spend hours at the record store anymore. I still think you need to have something special to be a good DJ no matter what you are using to mix.

As far as hooking up that mixer, it depends on your setup. I currently have my mixer setup for main on channel one, cue on channel 2 with the main out going to my powered speakers. But that is just for my home use.

Peace
DJ Mello

Inviato Mon 15 May 06 @ 5:26 am
Thanks - I'll check those sites out when I'm not at the record store buying some vinyl ;)

Inviato Mon 15 May 06 @ 8:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)