Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV make a high pitch noise (quite loud)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I only play at home and the TCV I have make a big high pitch noise. It's just the needle, nothing comes through to the speakers but it's quite disturbing because I can't crank the volume up as if I was in a club (unfortunately).
Basically I was just wondering if newer TCVs make less noise, I bought mine quite a while ago soon after they were released and this problem may have been adressed since.
thanks
Fabrice

Inviato Sun 21 May 06 @ 8:37 pm
well the new TCVs do make less noise however if your TC signal comes through the speakers make sure to mute the line in inside the windows mixer panel ;)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Mon 22 May 06 @ 5:16 am
OK, thanks, I'll get some new ones...
wow! just checked out the shop... 50 euros for 2 TCV delivered to UK... very pricey!

Is there any way to know wether they actually do make less noise before I make my purchase? in other terms what has changed ?

thanks
-F

Inviato Mon 22 May 06 @ 4:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what make of cartridges do you use?

aslo the loud noise is the time coding signal with out it tvcs would not work

any record you play will make a noise from the needle , as it is a mini microphone of sorts.

so maybe its not worth it ,

Inviato Mon 22 May 06 @ 4:40 pm
my cartridges are the Ortofon Concorde Electro ones.

I do realise any Vynil will make a noise but the ones I have make a really high pitch one which you would hear through any other sound unless it's really really loud.

I understand that is the sound of the timecode on the vynil but if the pitch of that sound was lower it would be less audible though the needle or at least less noticable (does this make nay sense...?)
F

Inviato Mon 22 May 06 @ 5:05 pm
That is exactly the problem I am having and it has NOTHING to do with the software!!!!!

Inviato Tue 23 May 06 @ 2:20 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i have TCVs but sound comming out through cartridges is not so loud. if i play a song at 10% of volume i can't notice it. Try to play vinyl without connect TT to computer. Is the noise really so loud?? i my case there is not so much. Ok it is worse than listen to normal vinyl, but i think that signal of TCVs (in your case) is comming out from speakers.

Inviato Tue 23 May 06 @ 9:55 am
The new TCVs are made from an entirely different manufacturer then the ones before. There has been quite a few improvements and YES they do make less noise from the needle. They are pricy and I believe they are the exact same price as they used to be when I first ordered them so the price hasn't changed at all or if it did...not by much.

for pics of the NEW TCVs check out the Numark Virtual Vinyl TCVs those are the same model.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Wed 24 May 06 @ 1:57 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
do you mean that those new vinyls will be sell separately and we will be able to buy them at this site?? because the whole package (2 vinyls, 2 cds and sound card with program) won't be so cheap as it is told.

Inviato Wed 24 May 06 @ 2:36 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
just a thought might be an idea to buy vdj , or put ur serial in for the latest update.:)

Inviato Wed 24 May 06 @ 2:39 pm
I have had the excact same problem for ages, but....

...here comes the BIG news: THERE IS A SOLUTION!!!

Almost every cartridge in the world makes the same f***ing high pitched noise, which is really, really a problem when mixing @ home. My Ortofon Concorde Pro makes a noise so loud, it makes your head burst after an hour or so.

But try using the ORTOFON DJ S (the blue one) - it´s 100% noise free!! My friend who just started using VDJ and was getting really sick of the noize has switched too - and the noise is completely gone! I have also tried the Nightclub E and 2-3 others, but only the blue Ortofon DJ S does the trick. I really dont know why it behaves so radically different on this issue, but I´m sure glad it does. Now mixing @ home is nice again.

The good news is, that the blue DJ S is one of the cheapest Ortofon models and does scratching quite ok. Go buy!

**I really think you should make this a sticky of some sort, cause many VDJ users are suffering bad from this issue**

Inviato Fri 26 May 06 @ 12:06 am
Wow, well that's quite a find !
I'just recently shelled out for my ortofon Elektro though and it's annoying to have to spend again to solve this type of "small" problem. I wish I had known before I bought my elektro so thumbs up for the sticky on that one...
I don't suppose you would know if the OM DJ S cartridge would have the same effect, it's a whole lot cheaper that the ortofon headshell one...
I've just seen that Ortofon have also brought out the Digitrack cartridge which is suposedly designed for Time coded vynils and works with normal vynils too. But it's the most expensive of the lot ! Has anyone played with those ?
-F

Inviato Mon 29 May 06 @ 6:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)