Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV Whistling!?!?!?!?!?!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When I record my mixes w/ my TCVs their is a slight whistling noise in the background of the recording!!! How do I get rid of this unbearable sound in my recordings??

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 8:31 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
mute the line in

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 9:19 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
or if that doesn't work get a better sound card such as the m-audio delta44 that has a higher channel cross-talk threshold, as the sound is probably ‘leaking’ between channels

Inviato Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 3:48 pm
no, I am using the Maya44 soundcard. All my recordings have a slight humming/whistling in them, like it's picking up the needle on the TCV..ya know?

Inviato Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 1:06 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
it will pick up the needle sound if the line in's are not muted. are you sure its the needle and not a feedback hum?

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 5:21 pm
actually it probably is the feedback hum, but, when i mute the line in of my soundcard the problem still persists, plus i'm not able to hear any music. does my mixer have to be grounded to anything?? can it possibly be because my mixer is not grounded??? Also, I'm not able to use the line in on my laptop's soundcard for some reason w/ VDJ and TCVs, I'm only able to record using the Mic input. I know that my line in works because I use it for other things but, it just does not work w/ VDJ for some reason.

Inviato Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 7:57 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try to ground mixer and TT to PC.

For recording: try to open vdj, set to record through line in and write what VDJ writes when trying to record. Then we could help a little more :)

Inviato Sun 18 Jun 06 @ 8:51 pm
okay well my TTs and Mixer are now grounded to my laptop. The whistling is still a problem when I record.

I set the record settings to the line in on vdj and on my laptops soundcard. When I record it appears to be recording fine but, when I go to listen to what I have just recorded it's silent...so I figure it's not recording right. The only time I can record somthing and listen to it afterwards has only been when I set the VDJ and My Laptop record settings to Microphone instead of line-in. And that's where I also get the whistling/hum noise in my recordings.

What's wrong w/ the Record Line - In setting on VDJ??? It will not work for me!

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 12:36 am
Hey atxwreckz,

sometimes the environment which you are working in attributes to such problems. Back in 99, I did some mix CD's, I had the same problem, hearing this annoying whistling sound after I'm finished recording and cutting the tracks. It puzzled me for sometime until coincedentally one day I did a mix and it was gone. Did aonther and it return.........hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Eventually I found out the problem, My PC was right beside a television and whenever it was on, it generated some signal which the soundcard picked up. LOL. So from that day, NO TV when I doing my mixes.

I think some equipment is emitting feedback that the TCV is picking up...CHECK IT OUT THOUROGHLY!!!

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 8:44 pm
Try using a power cord, for your laptop, without an earth wire. This causes lots of problems (hum) with laptop power supplies. See forum for more info, or ask it here.
Ewout

Inviato Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 12:22 am
Thanks y'all, for trying to help me...but, my problem is still not solved.

I have to use the "mic" input on my laptop, cuz i'm unable to use the line in. Lemme clarify that a lil better. I have one input hole on my laptop it's both my line in/ mic hole. But, When recording with VDJ I can't hear anything when the VDJ record settings are set on Line In. But, I can hear my recordings when I use the MIC setting on VDJ. The same goes for my onboard soundcard record settings.

I've tried to figure out what could have possibly be causing this noise i'm hearing. So I turned off my amp to my stereo speakers, still I hear the noise, then I turned off my turntables and mixer, still I hear the noise. Seems to me that it's because I have the recording setting on "mic". Why can't I use "Line In" setting like everybody else?? What could cause me to be unable to use the "Line In" setting for recording??

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 9:07 am
Hi,

Is it possible that your line-in dont have a monitor? This happens to MK1 user, when you want to record in line-in and dont have a monitor, you WONT hear the music but it will still be recorded. Mic input will let you hear that because it has a monitor... I think. Solution would be to upgrade the soundcard.

Karlo.

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 12:24 pm
Wait a minute, where are the TT's plugged into if you're using the line in/mic input for recording? Do you have an external sound card in addition to the built-in one?

If "mic" is working, and "line in" isn't, could it be that the signal is too weak? Line in requires a stronger signal than mic... Describe your setup in more detail maybe, and we can try to figure it out for you :)

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 5:18 pm
Oh I read above and see that you have the Maya 44 soundcard for the TT's... Sounds like the "mic" setting isn't really meant for line in recordings, but I wonder why your line in setting isn't working?? That is strange, but sounds like it's an issue with the onboard soundcard -- might want to contact the laptop manufacterer, or play around with the soundcard settings some more... But then again, you said the line in works for other things... What about the line coming out of the mixer? Maybe the volume is just very low? Try increasing the gain? I don't know, good luck!

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 7:21 pm
well, i just tried the line-in and it doesn't work anymore for anything. It used to work for me....I've think I've tried everything possible to get this to work for me. Could it be that I damaged the line-in on my laptop somehow? But, that just confuses me because, the Line-In input hole on my laptop is the same hole for my microphone. And, the when set to mic it works, but when set to line in it doesn't.

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 10:36 pm
i have this same prob i think its the needle picking up the tcv sound or something cause when i stop the table it quits and when i press play it like revs up to the whistling and on my mixer vol indacater thing it shows it (have the tables connected 2 the mixer) and when i mute line in the sig goes away from the software

ps i think it may be 2 strong of an amp? cause when i plug the table directly into comp there is no whistling

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 2:42 am
What soundcard are you using?

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 9:28 am
jus a audigy 2 right now >.> waitin for my maya but the principal should be the same

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 1:22 pm
I don't know about the audigy or the maya, but with the u46DJ, there's a way to mute the monitor in channels. Try looking for the monitor in channels and mute them, might work :)

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 8:56 pm
well i have another post up and im lookin at the new maya 44 card and i dled the manuel so i may have answered my question for that i was jus trin to help u out

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 9:08 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)