Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New to VDJ How do ......

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi I'm new to the VdJ scene hopefully somone can help me I was wondering how to hook up my computer to an external reciever any help would be appreciated thanks

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 4:46 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hello and welcome as VDJ member :)

So you want to connect your computer to receiver and then to speakers, right?
If you do not use external mixer to mix, you just have to connect your line out at your sound card (probably internal) to line in at your amplifier (receiver). That's all.

You will need cable like this:

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 10:53 am
Thank you very much

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 5:27 pm
Just to add for your search of the cable, it would be called a dual stereo rca male to stereo 1/8" male (also called 3.5 mm male). You can get em pretty cheap on ebay;^]

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 7:13 pm
Hey I got the cable but I'm getting all sorts of feedback from the speakers as soon as I plug it into my cpu what should I do?????

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 7:56 pm
thats known as a ground loop problem, and happens to laptops sometimes...

its a really irritating thing, and its connected to your electricity where you are.

You can verify this by pulling out the power cord, and run your laptop on batteries only.
If the humm goes away, you have a ground loop problem

How to fix?
well there are several ways:
- get a ground loop eliminator (small box from local radio store)
- connect pc to a non-ground outlet, or extention cord (if available in your contry)
- remove ground from extention cord (WARNING! can be both dangerous, and damage your PC)

Read more about ground loops here:
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/groundloop/

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 8:02 pm
hmmm ... re-reading your post.... FEEDBACK?

If you mean regular feedback, then you must be using a microphone, and have it set too loud

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 8:03 pm
I'm actually connecting to a desktop pc which is plugged into a surge protector. Would the problem be solved if I just plugged the Pc directly into the wall outlet or extension cord like you said???

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 8:19 pm
try a different outlet yes..
And if you have a non ground extention cord, try that

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 9:03 pm
will try and let you know

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 9:19 pm
Had To run to the store and budge for a ground loop isolater and it solved the problem instantly thanks for all your help it is greatly appreciated

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 9:54 pm
good to hear;)

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 11:07 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You are welcome ;)

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 11:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)