Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SKIPPING? - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I have 2 slots.....the exsisting one and the empty....they are snapped in pretty good?

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:19 am
I entered the BIOS.....all I do is enter so I change anyhting?

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:22 am
Sometimes there are manual autodetect type features in the bios, but if you're not familiar with the options presented to you simple exit and don't save. If your laptop still only sees 192mb ram you may want to swap the memory modules or try powering on only with the 512mb stick to see that it is not faulty. Good luck.

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:26 am
I did that and the computer wont even start..this is a pain...all i want to do is mix...ugh...maybe i need to buy a new laptop?

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:27 am
It may be a faulty ram stick, the laptop starts with just the 192mb stick fitted right? Maybe you can get Best Buy to fit it, as if it is faulty they can instantly get one that works there. Also were you sure that the latches snapped closed? I once had to fit a ram stick in my computer a couple of times because I was being too light handed with it (not suggesting you use excessive force, but sometimes more than you think).

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:32 am
yea its in there..it snapped...yes it starts with 192mb and thats it..I switched them around tried it alone etc and nada....i guess i will go back to best buy...its just a pain in the ass. ..i do appreciate your help though!

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:43 am
got it! New RAM is amazing...no more skipping that I can tell yet.....I will have to play for a bit more...now just working on sound quality....one other issue but I'll start a new thread....thats for your help

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 5:41 pm
It actually sounds like you have the wrong speed of memory. Can you post the specs on the memory you bought? If the RAM isn't the proper speed for your laptop, it won't see it, period. If I remember right, for your laptop you needed PC2100 speed ram. Click on this link which goes to HPs web site to see if I got the model right:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=partlist&model=TORNADO+ZE4700&HP_model=DU928AVR&modname=HP+Pavilion+ze4700+%28CTO%29+Notebook+PC+%28AMD%29+%28DU928AVR%29&template=main&plist_sval=Memory+%28DIMM%29&plist_styp=subcat&dealer_id=&callingsite=&strsrch=&keysel=Memory+%28DIMM%29&catsel=%3F

Most HPs/Compaqs require very specific memory.

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 5:57 pm
Glad you got it working epleadbe, did you get the same ram stick working or did you have to go for another one? djderricke is right about the PC2100, I made a mistake in my original post on the last page, the mobile XP 2500's run with default FSB 133mhz and not 166mhz like the desktop version (although you can change it to 200 if you know what you're doing), therefore PC2100 - although most motherboards (with updated bioses) will accept faster memory but may not utilise it to the full speed.

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 7:19 pm
Same here epleadbe. Looks like we were writing our posts at the same time. Fast processor and plenty of memory makes VDJ very happy indeed. :)

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 8:13 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
congrads ..hope it stays without issues

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 4:25 am
Yes..I had to go out and bye a new stick..which sucks but worth it...I originally bought a K-byte from Best Buy PC2700/2100 but thats the one that did not work..so I went to Circuit City where I bought a Kingston and 2100 and it works like a charm...made an 79 min mix last night without a skip.....my dreams come true...now if I can only figure all the other stuff out I'll be gold....

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 3:42 pm
What else do you need help with? We are here for ya. Ask away!

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 5:33 pm
Thanks for all the help by the way I greatly appreciate it...

I guess what I want to know are some of the cool tricks....

I can only right now play to songs and fade them from one to the other...I can add the effects that the software allows..but im sure there are really col things im missing?

also one other thing....sometimes when I go from track 2 back to one it slows down a bit..i notice this only when I have beatmatch on....

oh and one more thing...where does everyone get their music?

so many questions.....

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 7:44 pm
Man, I'm still getting a couple of skips here n there and it's annoying. My specs are P4HT 3.06Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, so I don't understand. How do guys set your reactivity. Does it have any relation to the skipping? When i'm playing, I turn off all my services and unnecessarry things via msconfig. maybe I shouldn't,I don't know. Help me out guys.

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 11:16 pm
did you read the skipping solutions post? there is a bunch of good stuff in there..under tech support

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 11:36 pm
I don't know what the laws are like in America, did you get a refund on the original 512mb stick?

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 11:58 pm
NO! ugh

Inviato Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 1:52 am
Will BestBuy (assuming they will not refund you) not let you swap it for a Kingston 512mb stick, that way you would have 1GB? I would have thought they would let you return the stick, it's not like software which you can pirate. It's usually best to go for named brands with memory because motherboards (even the bigger named companies) can be fussy.

Inviato Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 2:05 am
Or you can get rid of it on EBay. I can answer one question about the track you are mixing in slowing down when you have beatmatch on. It is suppose to do that so it can match the CBGs of both tracks. You should try to start you second track with the CBGs lined up a close as possible and let the computer do the rest. I really only use that feature if I'm feeling really lazy. In my opionion I would focus more on the waveform and using your ears than the CBGs, otherwise they will become somewhat of a crutch. You will be a much better DJ for it.

Inviato Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 3:09 am
98%