Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3.4 bug

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

my new update of 3.4 is hitting the back spin on its own every once in a great while??

Inviato Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 3:52 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Can you list the effects you have in the 6 slots

Inviato Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 7:58 am
that happened to me one too many times a while back. Backspin is now out of my fx set.
My standard fx layout is now:
1)Flanged loupout
2)Beatgrid/flanger/flippin double
3)brake

Inviato Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 3:21 pm
This occassionally happens with the brake effect for me (I've posted about this before) - My FX is:

1) Backspin
2) Brake
3) Reverse

Backspin has never self-triggered for me.

Inviato Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 4:16 pm
I think the problem u guys are talking about happens if u don't disable the effect after unloading the song if u have the backspin effect length set to long. Try this example and you'll see. Backspin out a track after a couple of seconds with the backspin length set to high, unload the song before the effect stops spinning, load another track on the same deck without disabling the effect and let it play. It's gonna automatically backspin at the same time the last track was back(spun?) Anyway this is the reason i was asking the Dev Team if they could put an option like disable effects on load or something of the sort in config. But no one responded. It used to happen to me, but now I use TCV's and I backspin manually. I don't think the backspin effect has a problem. One just has to unload it manually and precisely. This problem happens with most other effects as well. Disable effects on load is the best solution. A perfect example is if u use the cut effect, you definetely have to unload it manually. @DEV Team> DISABLE EFFECTS ON LOAD pleeeaase.

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 9:57 am
That makes sense - The few times it's happened to me was probably after a song where the brake was triggered right near the end and lasted slightly longer than the remaining time of the song, so the effect never finished.

The option to automatically disable any active effects on loading the next song would be a very useful feature to stop problems like this.

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 7:25 pm
??? Dj Cyder, Mp3Rick, Dj in Norway, what's up. Give us some feedback. I know u guys are quite reasonable n this thread has been kinda quiet. You n I know this is a good idea.

Inviato Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 7:47 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Looks like everyone at support is kinda busy, you guys seem to hit it on the nose it happens when you don't disable the effect from the previous song. It's not a bug though, the effect will act like it's in an auto mode and turn itself on around the same position as the previous song. Auto disabling of the effects on load will be an excellent idea for the next upgrade. I have done it myself a few times with the key shifter, Brake, Flanger...it's annoying and being that i don't use the effects alot. I forget to turn then off.

Inviato Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 8:05 am
The backspin kickin in unintentionally might be a bug from the developer of the plugin..

But I'm sure Dj Cel, the plugin champion and heavy bug tester, will figure out why... ;)

Not asleep, just tested if I could reproduce the error, but I could not...

But Cel might figure it out ;)

Disable FX on load, I've posted to Dev Team for the VDJ4

Inviato Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 3:10 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Just a hint:
How you load a song ? enter key on keyboard ? midi command ?
Add to the enter key a shortcut command to reset the effect(s) you want.
This will do the trick.
Or set a "panic" key like i did, i have escape to reset all loops, effects ec.

Inviato Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 3:40 am
I see what you're saying, but, i can't find the reset effects in the shortcuts.

Inviato Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 6:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)