Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can You Remove The CD While Playing!?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

OK I know it sounds stupid, but it seems Virtual DJ is not! Can you remove a CD of say MP3's or in my case MPGs after Virtual DJ has FULLY loaded the track into memory. I have had a play, and it seems you can remove the disc, or even play two tracks off the same CD with no problems.

I ask because tonight we have a retro night on an I have many spare music videos on data CD's, It would be good if we could just play them off the CD's without having to load them all on to the HDD. The reason I ask if the disc can be removed while playing is because I only have on CD ROM drive, and if I want to play one disc right after the other, I would need to remove the one thats playing.

Anyone that's close to the developers care to shed some light on this, or perhaps those that have been playing CD ROM's like this allready for a while, love to hear your comments.

Thanks

DJK

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 9:32 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well.. you can try and see if it still work :) I never used cds with VDJ. I have everything on HDD.

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 10:20 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If memory serves, I think I tried this and it did work. I'd be a bit nervous about doing it during a live gig though, in case the cdrom had trouble reading a particular disc. You wouldn't want to put a disc in with grubby fingerprints on it, only for the system to hang up, giving you the "cannot read from drive E... Abort, Retry, Fail" message! Probably safer to dump what you need onto a hard drive first...

(First person to respond with "that's a windows problem, that wouldn't happen on a Mac" gets a slap!)

;-)

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 1:11 pm
-If you set max load to always or longer than the song, the song will load into ram, and you can remove the CD where it came from, yes :)

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 1:35 pm
Make sure to disable autoplay in windows to minimise problems.

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 1:41 pm
Thanks all!

Inviato Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 2:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)