Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: u46dj passthrough tip

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

The other night i found out at a gig that the house dj was there and was supposed to play a set.
I had already rewired the decks to use tccd's so we had a bit of a problem. After screwing it up, i found the smoothest way to transition to passthrough:

If for some reason you need to go back to using your turntables/cd decks directly, the first step is to pull up the audio setup menu. Switch from timecode mode to advanced mode using the aiso outputs. Hit ok. You need to do this because if you play a regular cd with timecode mode on, all hell breaks lose. And yes, I did try deactivating timecode on the individual deck, but it still triggered anyway somehow. Next, eject your timecode cd in your inactive deck, put in your regular cd, then pull up the u46dj control panel. On the input that is not yet in use, unmute the monitoring function. That deck now functions regularly. After swtiching over to that deck, do the same for the other one. Your timtables/cd-decks are now running in passthrough mode.

Just thought i'd share that incase anyone else was wondering.

Inviato Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 3:05 pm
thanx;) good tip

Inviato Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:13 pm
NP. just trying to give somethin back to the community that helps me out all the time.

Inviato Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:15 pm
Hey guys what's up?....i've been using Virtual dj for over 3 years, i love it...i do private parties and some clubs...that's cool and all...but i've always just used my laptop....i'm great at it... now this is where the difficult part starts.

I got the timecode vinyls, numark battle pack, and u46dj....
for some reason i can't seem to get it to sound good....the scratching in not what i thought it would be....i can't get the time code vinyl's sound quality to be 100%.... i really need some guidance...i've follow the u46dj's book and the Virtual dj's manual and i still cant get the sound quality i need...i've spent i lot of money on this....can you help?

what do you guys use and how?
please be explict with details...

thanks

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 6:30 am
@dj_xs_13
please post a question only once. This keeps all replies at one spot and prevent that other users, who will try to help, have to write two times the same aswer or question.
Ewout

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 7:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)