Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Random skipping problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ohm_RSAPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a problem where VDJ skips breifly when loading a mp3 - it does this at random - no specific tracks.

LG LW70 Notebook Centrino 1.8Ghz 1G Ram
Onboard 128M ATI Video Card
80G SATA2 Hard Drivve
XP Pro - all non-essential services removed - all tweaks applied - ESI U46DJ - all latest drivers
VDJ 3.4 + TCV

Only skips when loading a track, does not skip anywhere else.

Any suggestions, this happens at least once each time I use the system.

Inviato Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 8:31 am
Have you tried to change the Reactivity in the config screen (VDJ->Config->General tab->Reactivity)?
Ewout

Inviato Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 1:57 pm
Its also possible your laptop is switching to low power usage mode while playing (it mostly doesnt take much cpu to play), when you load a new track, there's a burst of cpu usage, but the cpu is in low speed mode, so it skips a bit. Setting your power preference to always on may fix the problem (depending on how advanced your power management system is)

Inviato Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 9:22 pm
Good advice from blackgold9.
Windows start button->Settings->Control panel->(switch to classic view)->Power options->Power scheme->Always on.
keep in mind that your fan could become noisy, but you could switch back to "Portable/Laptop" if you don't use VDJ.
Ewout

Inviato Sun 06 Aug 06 @ 10:16 pm
I have set power to always on & let you know how it goes!

Inviato Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 7:41 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I normally didn't have issues playing mp3s except in timecode mode. Video used up a lot more processor. I have tried the "always on" my Pentium-M 1730mhz system. Normally with the it plugged in, set to always on, the processor will sit at 800mhz. It would only kick up to 1730mhz when loading a file or doing something processor intensive. When tweaking the EQ it would randomly skip. I found this utility http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml I set when plugged into AC to Maximum performance. Got rid of all my skipping and my latency went sluggish to quick. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_M "... power saving methods include dynamically variable clock frequency and core voltage, allowing the Pentium M to throttle clock speed when the system is idle in order to conserve energy.

Inviato Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 8:29 pm
Thanks Y2K3 - I'll give that look!

Also something to add to the conundrum:

When I start VDJ for teh first time, loading the second player for the first time, and playing a sample for the first time causes a skip in VDJ. After that its fine, except for a random skip - only once per set, sometimes not!

Inviato Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 9:21 am
hi @ all,

i've got exactly the same problem like Ohm RSA.

i've tried all settings in vdj and xp that are posted at the forum, but nothing helps. my laptop is a centrino with 1 gb of ram and i use it only for vdj. i use maximum power with the software "notebook hardware control" and i make all possible settings there are in vdj and xp.

the problem with skipping, like Ohm RSA said, comes only sometimes, but one time is just too much. maybe vdj 4.0 can fix this problem (i hope it).

reactivity low-medium.high, ram, irq, i've tried really all. so if anybody is here that solved that problem with a "new" idea, please tell us, so that discussion could be closed.

thx to all

cya

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 7:14 pm
There is a known bug that using the eq the first time (probably on both decks?) gives a skip. If you experience this skips, use the following work around: Just after starting VDJ before your gig, load two songs in both decks play both and mess a little with the eq.
This problem is solved in vdj4, I've read.

Keep in mind the power options. Set to "Maximum performance" might give a solution also. for instruction how to set this up, see my post above.
Ewout

Inviato Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 12:22 am
I've also found the decoder for mp3 is not very fast on lower powered computers (lass than 2.8) so also try clicking onto the config, and changing the mp3 extension to General Windows Media Player Audio. it seems works a little faster that the default decoder

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 5:20 pm
I've only used the system twice since my last post and so far so good, I'm expecting to give it a bashing in the next week or so and I'll report back. So far the tweak for stopping variable CPU power seems to do the trick. I'll also try the tip Chris Davis sent and let you guys know - thanks for all the help!

Inviato Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 7:12 pm
Hi,

I experience the same issue. curiously not in the laptop (which is not powerfull) but in the main station (P4 Ht,2GB ram + 3Swap, HDD raid)

The laptop, has other issues :-> (freezes, because of the low speed hdd and very limited memory)

Bye
Pier

Inviato Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 7:52 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you are using TCV, you are in ASIO mode. I would trying increasing the latency a little bit. What is it set to right now?

Inviato Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 9:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)