Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A common topic for news about Version 4 !!! - Page: 7

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
"Hell, back up the virtualdj registry folder while you're at it (if you know what you're doing)."

Which folder exactly should be backed up in the registry? I already back up the virtualDJ database.xml, shortcuts.xml and mp3database.txt files. Am I overlooking something?

When installing Ver IV, does it overwrite the above files? If so, will a simple copy and paste of the "saved" files do the trick? Also, is there a way to have Version three-point-four and version four-point-oh co-exist on the same computer?

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:23 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Another day, eh? Maybe we should see more posts saying that it's "for free" with smily faces next to them...

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:48 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
That's it, you can backup History.txt if you wanna preserve your mix sessions. V4 will not overwrite your old database but I suggest backup, just in case ;) . No registry backup needed. You can have both versions, just make Virtual Dj 4 folder and install V4 inside. Just remember to save your old database because when V4 modify it, it can't be used anymore in V3.x (VIP info).

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:50 am
Steve Lynch = 10 out of 10 :D

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:55 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ALF, you say that V4 won't overwrite the old db files, but back them up just in case. Then you say to save the old databases because V4 will modify it and then cannot be used any more in v3.4. Isn't that considered overwriting? If v3.x and v4 are in different folders, how would v4 modify v3.x files?

Also, upon installing v4, if I take the v3.4 files and overwrite the corresponding files in v4, will all the bpm info, comments and such be available in v4?

Sorry if I sound like I am all over the place.

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:14 am
I guess I'm done waiting for today, I'm going to sleep & check in the morning.
Who knows, maybee vdj makes my day ;)

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:16 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
secretsoul wrote :
Joachim_Joe wrote :
How is the the loop feature different from now? It's already pretty good now. Seamless loops.

It will snap to the beat. so the Loop In point will be exactly on a beat. It's handy for it you are reducing the size of a loop to create drum fills and such.

Not exactly like this, but gives perfect loops anyway.
Loop in is the important key...

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:25 am
DeeJay EL wrote :
ALF, you say that V4 won't overwrite the old db files, but back them up just in case. Then you say to save the old databases because V4 will modify it and then cannot be used any more in v3.4. Isn't that considered overwriting? If v3.x and v4 are in different folders, how would v4 modify v3.x files?

Also, upon installing v4, if I take the v3.4 files and overwrite the corresponding files in v4, will all the bpm info, comments and such be available in v4?

Some of VIP's mentioned it earlier, V4 will not overwrite your old database if you install it in 3.4 folder, you will have all bpm's and cues etc. , but when V4 writes new info in that database, you can't copy it back in V3.4 because it will not work. They are not compatibile or something. Sorry for confusion.

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:02 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DeeJay EL wrote :

Your theories are correct, however; better safe than sorry.

But to clarify the situation - V4 uses the XML file for some additional info beyond the file/track information it currently stores. If you copy your database XML into V4's install folder, you won't lose data, it's just if you go back to 3.4 (for some ODD reason, none I can think of at this point) then you won't have to worry about manually cleaning up the file or worse yet - re-anlayzing. So, make a copy of it to be SAFE. Also, even if you install V4 in a different directory it is still always good to have a backup.

Hope that helps.

cstoll

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:04 am
k guys...sorry about the estimate being off some hours, but seems Dev Team havent had the chance to make the download available yet.... But hopefully soon!!;)

and Steve Lynch made me laugh so hard my stomach hurts!!! ;)))

Damn that was funny! on my behalf, but never the less funny... hehehe

Crossing my fingers for a happy day for all today...

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:35 am
So, we can expect it today? I hope...

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 3:57 am
Everyone and their momma is waiting for the update. LOL!

Cuidate!
Batibiri

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 4:15 am
love the new count down hehe....can't wait till v4

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:01 am
So, now does the new estimate mean the actual time until release? or is that also an estimate?? :)

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:26 am
More or less estimate as I understand, all the Dev team are in US so they have to do everything remotely. If there are some problems, than monday... :(

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:00 am
it's about time can i have my V4 please!

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:38 am
Hello everybody,
right now I'm using the test version of VDJ. I would love to buy the full version, but have a question about V4 before I buy:
Does it need equally or even more system resources then 3.4?
My 3.4 needs so much resources on my laptop that I'm having the fear it would not last a whole gig
(my sytem specs: 2.4 Ghz P IV, 768 MB Ram).
When V 4 would need more system resources, then it would not be a software for me.
If it would need less resources, it would help me by my decision.

Thanks for help!

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:20 am
Quote :
my sytem specs: 2.4 Ghz P IV, 768 MB Ram

Is above minimum requirements, so yes. I don't think it will change too much with version 4.

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:34 am
IT'S OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see a link at the top.

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:35 am
Yepp, hooray

Inviato Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 11:36 am
99%