Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SOUND EFFECTS ON VDJ V4 WITH DAC-3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Does anybody know how to configure the sound effects on VDJ 4 to work with the 3 FX buttons on the DAC-3, the same way they used to work with V3.4 ?

Inviato Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:35 pm
I guess nobody knows? that's a shame because I used to like the way the effects worked on v3.4....

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 9:48 pm
I bet the maker of the DAC mapper will help you as soon as he reads;)

I dont know the Dac very well, but you will have a reply soon from someone who does...

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:49 pm
yeah same here i cant get the dac 3 to stay off the back spin effect. everything else works fine and im a first timer to vdj so that a good thing. always use pcdj but like this program a lot. please respond.

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 1:20 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First all need to understand that the effects are activated in 4.0 different than 3.4

With 3.4 you fundementally had 3 effects slots and that's it and all were what I would call quick access. However you could only run a max of 3 effects per deck.

With 4.0 you have 1 quick access slot per deck and the rest are activated through the Effects browser. This in turn gives you unlimited (depends on how many you have installed) effects per deck. With the DACs (2 & 3) and possibly the Herc Controller - it may be impossible to activate multiple effects unless there are provisions made in the 4.1 release.

krock wrote :
yeah same here i cant get the dac 3 to stay off the back spin effect. everything else works fine and im a first timer to vdj so that a good thing. always use pcdj but like this program a lot. please respond.

FROM the notes of the DAC-3 mapper text file:
The [FX], [APPLY] and [AUTO] buttons directly trigger effects #1 - #3 respectively.

I can tell you that most likely if you hit the [FX] button you will scroll up through the quick access choices - shown in the skin's effect button. [APPLY] most likely activates the effect displayed on the skin's effect button. And, [AUTO] most likely scrolls down through the choices.

I know that a new DAC-3 mapper is coming soon. I don't know if they are able to recreate the 3.4 environment and I only know the DAC-2 and that's how the DAC-2's mapper changed; but being a software developer and seeing the engineering of this version - I don't think it will be possible without changing the code back to a 3.4 style of running effects. But, I could be wrong - so no BANDWAGON and SOAPBOX jumping.

cstoll

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:14 am
The present DAC-3 mapper (1.2 and earlier) was designed for VDJ 3.4, which only has 3 fixed effect slots.

An update to the mapper is on its way (Currently undergoing testing and bug fixing) that has been optimised for VDJ 4. This will allow full access to the new effects interface in VDJ 4.

The new mapper features different modes that can be selected directly from the controller, allowing easier triggering of effects, video effects/transitions and samples without complicated button combinations. In effects mode you have 3 virtual effects slots that you can assign different effects to for direct triggering. The 1-10 buttons directly trigger effects 1-10,

It's also possible to switch the mapper to its old mode of operation for compatibility with VDJ 3.x or for users who prefer the button combinations rather than the new separate modes.

Inviato Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:18 pm
Boggis, is this a 1.2 update for VDJ4 compatability or are you going to make my day and say this is V2 with VDJ 4 compatability?

Go ahead, make my day mate. I'm nearly as excited about your V2 mapper as I was when waiting for VDJ4 :o)

Inviato Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:34 pm
It will be a v1.3 update to support new features in VDJ 4. This will be released shortly once all the bugs have been sorted out (There have been a lot of changes to support new VDJ 4 features and to generally improve how the mapper works.) This update will actually be using the v2.0 mapper code, but with the custom mapping interface disabled (It's not finished yet.)

Once v1.3 has been released, the v2.0 mapper should follow soon.

Inviato Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 4:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)