Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: video effects not working on V4

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

chris66PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have updated to V4 and for some reason the video effects ar not working i get the logo and song name and even the karaoke works but the effects plugins dont work can you help

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:02 pm
Got hardware video acceleration enabled?

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:15 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have tested all the video effects and transitions, the ones which didn't work have been updated and now available

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:23 pm
Did you move the video effects to the new folder?
These will no longer operate from the old location.

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:33 pm
elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
What I was told in AC to get the older video effects (ambients) to work is kind of a mess, but it get's them working. One known issue with this is that when you are using the video effects, the video transitions do not work properly. It's known and being worked on, so again, we'll have to be patient.

Here's how to get them to work:

Choose the Effects button, then select Video Effects.
Choose the effect - Sonique
Click where it says - Open
Point (select) the effect you want from the location you had your old effects (.svp files)
Simply activate it, or you can use slideshow to activate. You will want to adjust the Slideshow Delay to controal how long each effect runs.
Transparency is for how the effect overlays a video.

Hope this kind of helps. A bit of a mess to have to go through compared to 3.4, but it does work...for the most part.

Inviato Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:18 pm
thanks dj cel I was fighting again this issue,I'll dowload the new effects plugins,since effects like boom,negative, and so on did't work in v. 4 even with hardware acceleration enable.

Inviato Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:23 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you sure to have DirectX 9 ?

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:31 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What a gay method for getting the visuals to work :(
So I either have to choose visuals or video. How can I make it automatically switch to visuals if no video is playing, then back to video if I play a video like all the pre version 4 releases did ???

I'm never going to remember to turn the visuals on during a set so am going to end up with a black screen when a video ends and I mix into a normal mp3.

The only bit I like now is that I can see which visual is beeing used and delete the crap ones:

NovembersFire.svp (only half the screen works)
Phase.svp

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 7:57 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is so hard about using the skin to change and activate the visuals?
Once you sent the Sonique plugin to the appropriate folder, set the 1st slider to about 80-85% to the right, click-Slideshow.

Now through out the night when you want to turn on the effect, just choose Sonique from the list (down-triangle) on the Effects button in the skin and click the Effect button (the word Sonique). When you want it off, click again and deactivate it.

Matter of fact if you go to the Video tab in Config, and type Sonique in the 'Use this plugin if no video available" text box, then all you have to do is remember to turn the effect OFF when you go back to playing a video.

Which for me is some times after I take a sip of drink, then turn the effect OFF.

cstoll

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:47 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I don't want to have to remember to turn off the visuals. Please tell me how to make it automatically turn off like all pre version 4 releases. For me this is a step backwards in the software not an update :(

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:17 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What you ask is something that I hope will be fixed in 4.1. But for now it is what it is. Several others have stated the same adn the DevTeam is pretty responsive to the masses.

cstoll

Inviato Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 1:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)