Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Had my first crash with version 4.0 :(

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Had my first live 'crash' with 4.0 unfortuanatly Sunday night. Put on a CD and all was fine after that.

I got the window that popped up saying recover - which restarted VDJ pretty quickly - all was fine after that

I used it fine the day before live no problems.

Wasn't particually doing anything 'cpu intentisive' but I was playing an mpeg video. (wasn't doing any keylock or anything like that).

I must say though - I never have had a crash with 3.4.

Only difference in my settings is i've set the latency to 128, maybe i need to change this to 256.

I have save mode unticked and overclock ticked. (as suggested on these forums for laptops).

Its a fairly powerful laptop - 1gig mem, 2ghz amd turion 64bit processor. 128 x 700 ati video chip.

Using maya44usb soundcard.

Any suggestions on adjusting my settings for greater stability under 4.0 would be appreciated.

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:37 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
for maya better set latency to "auto" this will allow you adjust the latency from maya's control panel like usual. (recommended)

As for the crach, was the mpeg video a big file in length ? minutes ?
what is your max load settings ?
Is hardware acceleration working for video in your laptop ?

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:17 pm
Its not a good idea to change the latency settings in a live situation.

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:57 pm
I didn't change it in live situation - i changed it to 128 before the gig.

I done another gig last night on 256 latency and it all worked fine. I will leave it set on Auto as you've suggested.

I think the crash was maybe because of that, anyway's it's all fine now. Thanks

Inviato Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 10:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)