Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Questions for Hercules DJ Control MP3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

dBpanosHome userMember since 2006
Hi...!
I have decided to purchase the Hercules DJ Control MP3...
But i have a few questions to ask....
First of all, is it compatible with every type of soundcard, or does it need some soundcards from specific companies? Can you recommend me an external soundcard to buy...? I need the soundcard, because i want to be able to preview the song at the other deck...
Another thing i want to ask is if the controller works 100% with the trial version of VDJ... I think that together with the DJ Control MP3/DJ Console MK2, it has the VDJ software...? Is that software full, trial or what?
Thans in advance..

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 4:54 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
First, I suggest you not to buy that console because it is built like the first Hercules console that had many faults and problems. Consider buying MK2, and with it's Home Edition of VDJ you will have a discount when purchasing VDj Pro and you will not need any sound card because MK2 has one bulit inside.
Any sound card can be used, I have Sound Blaster Live Usb, it is around 70 euros and it is the cheapest way to go, but you can't use TCV's with it (if you decide to get them one day ;) ) because it has only one stereo input. MK2 has 2 stereo inputs and works good with TCV's, not for scratching hard though. So, when you get all together, you will give 100e for Dj Control Mp3 and 70e for Live, so 170e in total. Add 40 euros and get MK2 (around 210 euro). Ity is the best way ;)
VDJ with consoles are not Pro version, as I said above. And yes, they all work with trial.

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 6:00 pm
I see... MK2 packet, includes the Home Edition of Virtual DJ...? So it's better to go for the MK2... I hope MK2 hasn't got faults and problems.... But what do you mean by saying "faults and problems"? e.g. Sometimes it is not recognised? Or the headphones are not working properly..? Sorry if u get tired from all the questions.... Thanx again... ;)

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 7:59 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Buttons of MK1 are very low responsible, you can't connect turntables or cd-players to it using TCCDor TCV.
MK2 has everything repaired.

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 8:20 pm
MK1 = DJ Control MP3 ???
What kind of faults has the dj control mp3?

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 8:24 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
huh, not. I mean DJConsole MK1 (as first edition of DJConsole). DJControl is actually MK2 without soundcard. It has no faults as i know. It just doesn't have sound card.

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 8:31 pm
I asked about faults because it was mentioned above, that dj control mp3 has faults....
Does anyone know if is included a virtual dj no trial edition in the dj control package...?

Inviato Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 12:08 am
VDJ is included, a limited fully non-expiring version (some features are disabled compared to the pro version)

Hercules MP3

Never tested, but it looks awefully like the mk1 model, that has huge issues with responsiveness.
That means the buttons did not respond very well. The MP3 console doesnt have a soundcard inside either, and no headphone out.

The Hercules Mk2 model it completely the oposite, works very well.

Soundcard, mic, headphone, 2 x line in etc

Recommened ALOT over the Mp3 console... .

Just a tip ;)

Inviato Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 3:42 am
dBpanos wrote :
I asked about faults because it was mentioned above, that dj control mp3 has faults....

I never said that Dj Control Mp3 has faults, read my post again ;). I just mentioned that it is built like MK1 and it has some faults (Hercules first console, not Dj Control Mp3), Norway explained above.

Inviato Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:52 am
thank you very much guys...
can i ask you something last?
MK2 is ready to use with laptop and everything..
dj control works perfectly with all types of soundcards..? Or just with 5.1+ ?
I ask u again this, because i have tried at a friend's pc virtual dj with no control/mk2 but just plugging in headphones on the soundcard... that soundcard was't anything extremely good.. a simple soundcard with three jack inputs a blue one, a pink one and a green one... pink is the microphone green is for the speakers... blue is what? i plugged there my headphones in, but i wasn't able to hear anything... and i was trying to have the preview of the other song at "deck b".... This means i need a 4.1/5.1/7.1 soundcard having something extra than a simple soundcard...?
Finally, what is that joystick found on the control & mk2 about?

Inviato Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 10:54 am
You can use any sound card with Dj Control Mp3 because this console controls VDJ only.
Blue socket should be Line-in or Rear speakers out, if you set it in the sound config of your card.
You need 4 channels card at least if you wanna use your Headphones.
Joystick is used to emulate mouse or you can scratch with it.

Inviato Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 8:11 pm
If you want headphone preview go with the mk2. VDJ home edition does not allow headphone preview unless the mk2 is being used. Otherwise you'll have to buy the pro edition to use that feature;^]

Inviato Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 9:06 pm
thank you very much guys...
Is what Timmyg1978 said 100% correct? Can anyone confirm this....?
Thank you again very much....

Inviato Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 12:30 am
Not sure how to read Timmys answer, but I think he means the correct thing.

VDJ Home Edition (from E-Jay) supports the use of ONE soundcard, and if you want to prelisten, that ONE soundcard needs two outputs (such as a 4.1/5.1 soundcard)

Now, the Hercules consoles comes with a free version similar to VDJ Home Edition.
The version with the MP3 console, supports ONE soundcard
The version with the MK1 & MK2 consule, supports the Hercules console (has prelisten and master out, both models)

You can of course also get the PRO version of VDJ, that supports (almost) any soundcard setup you want, the Hecules console, and much more.

Hope that helps

Inviato Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 12:36 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)