Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCCD Issue in VDJ4 [solved]

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I got VDJ to wotk with my maya44/laptop/denon dn-s3500 and vdj4(somehow), but I had a couple of issues. First, why does checking "master tempo" in config make the audio crappy? Second, i noticed that once in a while, one of the decks on the screen will spin when hitting play on the Denon, but no audio will come out. I have to go back into config and choose the settings again, causing the audio of the currently playing song to skip a bit when the settings kick in. any reason why?

Inviato Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 9:17 pm
Anyone? This is very annoying. I can't count on the TCCD's if this is going to happen.

Inviato Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:55 pm
The soundquality of the master tempo depends on your own settings for it.
"Fast" will not sound great, but ok. But setting it for HQ setting will make it sound better than most dj hardware...

As for the denon-3500, Denon have made a firmware release taking care of some issues with buffering of audio, that can cause problems for timecode users.
This firmware was presentet at this summers dj expo, but for some strange reason its not released yet, but will be very soon, according to Denon.

That should hopefully make your decks work perfect

Inviato Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 6:04 pm
I've already updated the firmware. I just had the same problem happen an hour ago. After a couple of mixes, the files stop responding to the tccd's. It doesn't only happen in one deck, either.

Inviato Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 7:01 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I dont realy understand what is the problem exactly, as i dont use denons (but i like them)
Maybe is some behaviour i can explain.
First, deactivate the "browser track", its enabled by default.
Then be sure you checked "cd mode" instead of vinyl (timecode setup)
Also check the signal if it is 100% (do an auto config)

- Now what are your other settings absolute or smart mode ?
In cd player you use cd or vinyl mode ?

Oh yeah, maybe i understand your problem:
-You set a cue, play a track and when you stop cd player (back cue) and play it again song starts from begging instead of the cue point ?

If yes try this:

1. Use smart mode in vdj and cd mode in cd player.
2. Set a permanent cue point in cd player/timecode (not the song) at about 1.30 min like the timecode starts is at this point. Use this point as your virtual timecode start.
Then load a song and set a cue point to the song as usual, it should work because you're in "smart" mode. You can go forward to set other cues if needed, Only dont go back to the timecode start 00.00 (on cd player)
Let me know if you have this issue again working this way.

Inviato Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 11:42 pm
OK, where is the setting for deactivating browser track? CD is definitely checked, not vinyl. Something else that I remembered when you mentioned auto config. I get a message telling me that there is no signal even though the timecode cd is playing. This happens to both A and B. I'll get the waveforms in the two small boxes, but autoconfig won't work. I understand the cue on the cd player. I'll give that a try. Even without the auto config working, though, the TCCD's will work...for a few songs. Then, VDJ will stop responding to the CD players, although the record on the screen will spin, the waveform, thus the music, won't play. If I hit play on the screen, then the file plays.

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 3:26 am

Zero signal quality indication, but you see the wave, and the timecode control works
= your signal is probably too loud. Try lower the signal from your decks into PC, by using the slider setting for line-in on your soundcard. If you dont have such a slider option, open the timecode mp3 in a wave editor, and lower the signal about 6-10db. (I have to do this with Pioneer decks and hercules card)

Browser track disable
- In ADVANCED settings for timecode (Hit the advanced extended settings button, in your timecode setup tab, inside VDJ)

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 7:54 am
dj-in-norway is bang on the money with the advice on lowering the DB. I've got a DN-S3500 too and had exactly the same issues when I loaded the evaluation copy of 4.0 at the weekend. Used Nero Wave editor when burning the disc to lower the volume and it worked perfectly.

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 3:00 pm
Norway was right. Thanks Norway. I lowered the input level on the Maya's control panel until I got 100% quality. I tried a few mixes and VDJ kept responding to the TCCD's. I'll have to test for longer mix sessions.

Now, because of the lowering of the maya's input levels, I have to crank up the headphones cue level to max. Even then, it seems too low. That's without me cranking my powered speakers/sub to party level. I tried raising the maya's inputs a little at a time, but I didn't have much headroom. I'm wondering if maybe I should lower the timecode's level some and re-burn cd's. I would think that it would be the same thing as lowering the maya's inputs, but I'll give it a try, anyway.

Apopsis, I tried the cue thing with the 3500's and it worked...mostly. Occasionally, and eventually, when I stop a song and hit cue, it won't take me to "1.30" It might go to 1'33", or 1'55", or higher. It's even gone as high as 4 mins plus. I then have to go to the 1"30 point again and reset the cue. This happens after every 3 or 4 songs and on both decks. It wouldn't be so much of an issue, except I think that I will eventually run out of timecode if I don't reset the cue point.

Inviato Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 12:20 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
DeeJay EL: I have Dennon 3500's and using the Motu Ultralite, I also have the EMU1616M (going to sell it) Both sound cards work great with VDJ. However with the Motu you will need to do some registry mods. I get 100% on TCCD, and have no issues with the dennons. So if your having some issues I suggest buying one of the 2 cards I mentioned. You can run 0 latency on both with out problems. I also use ecler nuo4 mixer and have the midi set up so I can use the sampling/effects of vdj and also set the midi up to do video mixing. No problems with the dennons and vdj4.

Inviato Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 6:28 am
stefdjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
funnyb0nz
Hi , i am asking you because you seem to say it how it is. ( i am dj from london ).
Blunt advise would be good.!
what sound card will mgive me no problems. I have asus laptop duo 2ghz 2g ram nuo4 xp10's, u46dj sound card. I want to know if it is worth bothering with u46 sound card. Its seems alot of setting up is needed, i want to used tccd's and your post suggest emu1616 for zero latency. I dont mind generally spending more money if the results are a more stable set up.
I have spent almost 3 months setting up to use vdj and want to get it right so i have no problems, i would appreciate any advice you can give .
thank you
dj stef

Inviato Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 12:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)