Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: external input + MK2 volume problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When i use an external input through my mk2 (real vinyls,ipod) the volume of it is very low compared to the other deck on the mk2..why is this?

i.e:

MK2:

LEFT - turntable + normal vinyl (not TCV)

RIGHT - normal soundcard.

also. I get alot of constant noise which could be my cables but even at a gig and stuff unless i run it through an external mixer (which for some reason gets rid of it).

another problem i'm having is the cross fader on the mk2 is very slow.theres a delay when i switch over. is there anyway i can solve this?

help please. :(

Inviato Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 6:50 pm
i've tried running my turntable playing a real vinyl through my MK2 and it works.even without VDJ running!!!?? which is great :) because for some reason this doesnt have any lag at all.but still.i cannot get the volume of the vinyl to match VDJ???

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 12:51 am
Aight homies, i've done some tests. so here's the deal.

--- basic play ---
playing a regular cd with a $700 dns3500 by denon in to the mk2 with volume slider on the mk2 set to max will give you the same quality as a regular mixer.
ok...

--- mk2 eq for external input ---
if you still have vdj 3.4, then you can enable the eq's of the mk2
{
[vdj] start up vdj 3.4; settings; soundcards; mk2 mixer; mixed mode; apply eq on inputs;
[mk2] press "audio source"; move volume slider all the way up; adjust eq
tada
}

--- mk2 crossfade ---
just use the hercules dj mixer to set the cross fade "delay"
{
[mk2] start up the mk2 mixer; advanced; "cross fader curve"
}

--- mk2 sound quality ---
though vdj sends clear signals of the audio via usb, anything other than studio quality audio won't cut it.
{
[cd] rip it to mp3 or use a $700 cd player
[mp3] copy to your pc and use vdj. no other way around it.
[vinyl] on the mk2 use "phono"
[vinyl] rip it with the virtual dj vinyl ripper.
[mk2] move volume slider all the way up
[mk2 mixer] move volume all the way up
}

--- vdj performance ---
[vdj] settings; performance; slider has 4 settings(fastest:1 quality:4 - choose 2)

now if any of you can help me out with my direct x and asio error, i would appreciate it.

i'm trying to use one timecode cd to only scratch the active deck. for some reason it only works with vdj 3.4
my vdj 4 doesn't seem to know what to do with the mk2 asio. i keep getting asio error.

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 2:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)