Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Fatal Error when loading VDJ4.0 [SOLVED]

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

VDJ 4.0 was working great for me for the past few weeks, but all of a sudden it's started to crash constantly, completely crashing the computer, requiring a hard power off and power on to reboot... It happens every single time I load the program now, right as I load it. A blue screen flashes on that says either:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

or

MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

and then:

STOP: 000.... lots of zeros, etc.
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

And it sits there til I reboot. I got a similar crash with an error message saying the problem might be fixed by decreasing the hardware accelerator for the video adapter. I turned this feature off completely, uninstalled VDJ, and then reinstalled it. After that, VDJ worked again briefly, but now is back to 100% crashing instantly again. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Inviato Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 7:56 pm
There is a serious chance this has nothing to do with VDJ.. This is what we call a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) and in short means there is a very serious problem at either low level software (core drivers, kernel management) or hardware (usually RAM or CPU).

As a first measure I suggest you open your computer, reseat all cards and RAM and clean out any dust. If that does not help try running a memory test burn in (search google for this).

You might also try entering BIOS and loading default settings.

Again, this tastes like a system failure more then a problem with VDJ..

good luck!

Inviato Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 8:09 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Reinstall the drivers of your video card

Inviato Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 9:19 pm
Yes you're right, now my computer is crashing constantly whether I load VDJ or not... Let's hope I can finish this post before it crashes again!! :)

Anyway, it does look likely to be a video card problem, as now the error message always says "A video adapter device driver" is the cause of the stop error, and it says:

Symptoms: STOP 00.... THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

This is all brand new stuff -- I made this computer this past Spring, all the latest, newest stuff, been working perfectly til now...

Video card is an NVIDIDA GeForce 6800 XT... I went to their website, downloaded the latest driver, tried to install it, but got this message, "Contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted."

I tried to reinstall the current driver, still crashing...

Should I UNinstall the driver, then reinstall it? I'm afraid to do that, will I still be able to see anything if I uninstall the video driver? Is there a place to get other versions of the driver? The website only has the newest one listed...

Thanks!

Inviato Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 10:59 pm
Update: Problem appears to be solved! I uninstalled, then reinstalled the current video card driver, and no crashing since then! Thanks support team!

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 4:06 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You're welcome

Inviato Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 1:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)