Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys

I've just installed VDJ 4 on my dj machine cos I've got a fancy DAC3 coming tomorrow. But, when i load a song up to play and then press play, the waveform skips and jumps all over the place. Then, when I stick a track onto deck b and it analyses it, the waveform of deck A does it again.

If I press play on deck b too soon, deck a crashes and skips all over the place as well, losing all program movement on the screen.

Any ideas what it might be?

Specs: Sempron 2800
1.5gb ram
5200gt agp card
200gb ide
5.1 s/card

Was really looking forward to using my VDJ 4 and dac 3 this saturday, but i don't think i'll be able to. I've been using 3.1 up to now with absolutely no problems at all and only installed version 4 because of the dac 3 - as i heard the mapper wouldn't work with anything less than 3.2.

The wave form skipping and sticking worries me cos I think it's just gonna stay like that. I'm also worried about mixing cos that's when the waveforms go bananas.

Incidentally, I've upgraded from 3.1 to 4 (2 different versions on the pc) and then back from 3.1 to 3.4 on one version while leaving 4 alone.

Any ideas?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 9:18 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Dixon,
I have reset your account with the 3.4 install file.
This will be pretty much what you are used to with 3.1.
4.0 has a learning curve with it as well as set up that is a little more involved.
Learn the dac 3 with 3.4 first and then try 4.0, you won't lose your comfort zone particularly with a gig coming up in 2 days.

Good luck
Rick

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 9:36 pm
thanks rick, i appreciate that. however, i've already got the 3.4 download and tried it with that. same thing. also, i've been trying out ver 4 on my home pc anyway so i'm kinda used to it.

on my home pc i was on 3.4 and this jumped and skipped like mad as well, so i don't know what the deal is.

i've got a feeling that my 5200 agp is a bit shit, but i can't get a reasonably priced 6600gt anywhere, cos the agp versions are being phased out. man, i hate computers!!!

looks like i'll need to revert to 3.1 for now with no dac 3. GUTTED!!! :o(

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 9:56 pm
Hi guys

I got my DAC 3 all set up with version 4 and managed to get my hands on an Nvidia Geforce 6600gt with 128ddr3 on it, but I'm still having this problem with my waveform jumping about after I place another track on the idle deck.

I really thought my 6600gt would stop this issue, but it hasn't, and now I'm a bit worried that when it jumps, it's gonna crash. The problem was exactly the same with my 5200 card and I first noticed it with 3.4 (although I have never tried 3.2/3.3).

My system is now:

Sempron 2800
1.5gb ddr
200gb ide
5.1 s/c
6600gt agp 128 ddr3

I'm on the road tonight so will test in a live show, but can anyone think what I should be doing to stop this skipping?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 7:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)