Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: a HUM in teh DJ console MK2 [solved]

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hello,

I have an HUM in my speakers from my DJ ConsoleMK2. I use USB and Altec Lansing speakersystem.
All the new drivers are installed. I use VirtualDJ 4.

you can hear the HUM when I increase the volume on my altec system. Itested with severakl volume settings, but the HUM stays. Im not content!!

A friend of mine has the same prblem.

What is wrong???

Inviato Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 3:48 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Do you use a laptop? It can be Ground Loop problem, check this thread.

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 2:10 am
No, I do not use a laptop. thx for the link. in holland nothing is grounded (earth'd) so that can not be the problem. it seems that when I touch the USB cord in the MK2 it slithly has some influence on the hum. my opinion is that this USB connection is not solid. can that be the problem?
should I use a seperate power supply, instad of the USB power? (USB must remain for the sound delivery, I know)

thx for the help thusfar

Stan

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 9:30 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try turning the volume up ,

i had this problem ,

and it occured because the weak current produced by the card was being amplied and because the music wasnt up high enough you could hear a buzz

when i turned up the volume it went away

having an external power supply should help aslo

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 10:25 am
hé THX. but all the volumelevels are allready up to the full max :)

But the strange thing is that when my computer is turned off, and I leave my Altec Lancing speakers on the HUM still exists. the the more I pump up the volumeknob on the altec lancing system teh louder the HUM gets. only at full throttle the HUM is irritating, but also on halve volume setting you can still hear the HUM.

strange, is it not, and remember my comp. is turned OFF.

I hope we will find the solution.

thanks thussfar

Stan

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 2:12 pm
if the noise exists when ur pc is off maybe its a problem with ur speakers?

have you had any problems with them before?

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 2:37 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Disconnect your speakers from computer and try it then, if hum is still there than your speakers are a problem.

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 3:33 pm
speakers are directly connected to the MK2 via output 1/2.

I"ve never had any probl with the speakers.

I disconnected them and put them back on, problem remains. I can live with the HUM I only wondered if I did something wrong or that there is a simple solution.

THX for all the replies. the one test I'm going to perform is the use of an external power supply. I will keep you informed.

gr.

Stan

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 4:57 pm
kool good luck mate!

Inviato Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 6:38 pm
I'm back.........little late though but I went on an short vacation.

the story about the HUM. Well........
I powered the Hercules to a seperate powersupply and gues what ?!?!? The HUM is gone. great isn't it.

hope this will help you all.

Later on I updated VDJ to version 4 and now an other problem occured. When I move the sliders or the treble medium and bass adjusments there is a RUMBBLE. checked out this forum and there are a number of post's concerning the same problem. so I will find out the answer.

All together a lots of problems. I don not think Hercules and VirtualDJ have there things under control.
ofcourse, we are not talking about a lot of money, but still.

I would not dare to play at a party with this stuff, you can not trust it , and the RUMBBLE noice is not nice to hear. But at home I'm the only one listening and I'm having fun.

good luck folks and enjoy life

greetz.

Stan

Inviato Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 11:11 pm
i love the use of RUMBBLE...very graphic and appropriate... :))

i too had the same problem, but i put performance setting to auto and that was that...

overclocking and safe mode both on..

cheers

DJ Rudra

Inviato Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 7:22 pm
DJ Rudra, thx for the reply, but not working for me. can you give me all your settings in the config / performances menu or and any other setting that might help to get this annoing (?) sound to disappear?

my specs: windows XP prof SP2
intel(R) Celeron CPU 2.40 Ghz.
1 gig internal mem.
two seperate HD by Western digital my music is on a 250 gig well defragmented HD (WD)
I use the internal soundcard of the Hercules MK2

thanks

Stan

Inviato Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 9:58 am
Oh and then this: when I use DJDecks: perfect sound and no Rumbble by adjusting volume, bass mids enc.
must be a probl thus in the VDJ software or settings.

stan

Inviato Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 10:01 am
solved the humbble noice too.

slider second to the left. Latency 512(11ms) safe mode OFF en overclock ON

thats it on my computer though.

did these adjustments with help of he windows taskmanager and looked at the CPU usage.

only when loading a new song its booming to a 100%. After the song is fully loaded in VDJ, the CPU usage is at a average of 20%
thats safe and gives me the best results. the rumbble as spoke of before is gone.

job well done by me myself and I.

behave boys and girls :)

Stan

Inviato Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 10:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)